dt1990

Help finding replacement electric clutch

dt1990

I just purchased an automatic 12. With a kohler 12 hp k301 motor. Model # 1 0465 8 Ser # 957156. The previous owner removed the electric clutch and took it apart. I believe it has a short in the windings and does not work. I've been looking for parts but am not having much luck. Is there an aftermarket clutch that will work? I know it is an 1 1/8 shaft and 5 1/4 2 belt pulley. Just wondering if anyone found another brand that fits or modified something to work. I assume its just a regular 12v clutch, when the switch is engaged it energizes the magnetic coil engaging the clutch? The mowers in really decent shape for its age other than that so it would be awesome to get it fixed up.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 2

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Post a picture of the clutch parts.  i have some electric clutch coils/parts from some other brand tractors.   I've never seen a WH electric clutch close up, but maybe, just maybe one of the coils i have could work with your clutch parts.

• Excellent 1

paxz71usa

Hey dt1990. :text-welcomeconfetti:. Couple of things you can try. There is a classified section on Red Square. Try posting there for a used clutch. There are some still around. I also have a 12 automatic and when I bought the tractor I had the same problem with the clutch. A member here fixed me up with a used clutch and I've been good to go. After I got my used clutch I did some checking around and found an electric motor repair shop that wound make a new winding for my old clutch so I had it repaired as a backup. It was spendy though.

Hope this helps.

:USA:    Gary

• Like 1

rjg854

Some have switched over to the manual PTO

• Like 2

daveoman1966

I have worked on a bunch of the electric PTO and can provide some component pics here.  The coil can be saved if the lead wires are broken at the field housing...very common...  About a year ago, I stumbled on a method to re-wire the field but, dummy me, failed to copy the video to do it.  It can be done however...   NOTE...Do NOT use any type of gear or hub puller to remove the E-PTO from the crankshaft.  Use ONLY the long bolt as shown in the last pic.  Anyway..some pics:

AA (5).JPG

apart.jpg

E PTO 72 -73.jpg

EPTO C Ser (9).JPG

FIX IT (3).jpg

PULL OFF (5).JPG

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Ed Kennell
10 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Some have switched over to the manual PTO

:text-yeahthat:  Easy switch if you can locate the parts from an old Raider .    IMO this is the best PTO clutch system WH made.     I never liked the instant on/off of the electric clutch.

102_2549.JPG.8bfbe3ec8657bc8fd029b6447bffa0f3.JPG

• Like 4

pfrederi

:text-yeahthat:

Best solution and cheaper than getting another used electric that usually goes for well over $100 on Ebay

• Like 1

dt1990

Has anyone done the manual conversion using the old clutch parts? Industrial maintenance man by day, probably have enough junk lying around to put something together.

Ed Kennell

A to Z tractor parts may have the parts you need.

dt1990

Cool ill check it out. Thanks for the help. 

dt1990

IMG_20210326_105439.jpg.a9cf82439fa80a657a5effaacfe9535c.jpg

IMG_20210326_105457.jpg

IMG_20210326_105448.jpg

dt1990

Some pictures of the electric clutch. Still on the hunt. 

dt1990

May have found a manual pto to covert over on ebay. Not a complete set up but the pulley and clutch is they're. Anyone have some detailed pictures of a raider 10 manual set up. Planning on fabricating the lever and catch if I can. 

pfrederi

Some pics.  I can send you the top bracket and the rod that mounts to the block not sure how to package/ship the long handle.  All yours for postage.  PM me if you are interested

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

Bill D
On 3/26/2021 at 11:59 AM, dt1990 said:

Some pictures of the electric clutch. Still on the hunt. 

I have one listed on page three of the classified section for $150 if you are interested.  Bill

dt1990

Got the Manual pto installed and works great, even threw the mower deck and and gave it a test run. Did find that the pulley that redirects the belt down to the deck was locked up, but some pb blaster and persuasion with a pipe wrench freed it right up. Pictures to follow.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1