Sign in to follow this  
junque2k2

What fits a 310-8 PTO Clutch lining?

junque2k2

I have a 310-8 and the PTO clutch lining is worn to the rivets. Does anyone know if parts from other models will fit?

Thanks. J

hodge

Are you talking about the lining itself, or if other clutch assemblies will work? In my expereinces, I have used clutches from a Raider 9 on a B-80, a 520-H, and a 310. All interchangable.

junque2k2

Just the lining. there was a used C160 Tecumseh HH160 PTO for sale but wasn't able to determine if i could use it on my 310-8.

hodge

There is a post, "workhorse GT1642 clutch" that is posing this same question about clutch lining.

junque2k2

Hi Hodge,

Thanks for your interest.. I did read the 1642 post and it's helpful. I've never seen one of these PTO's before but it looks like a one size fits all or many part. On the Toro site I'm able to find parts manuals for 312-8's but not my 310 so I don't have a definite pn# to compare with. Previously you offer it is a 1990 31-10K801.. (WH sticker is unreadable so I can't get a serial number for it) I'm just starting to find my way around on the Toro site.

J

Duff

I have a 310-8 and the PTO clutch lining is worn to the rivets. Does anyone know if parts from other models will fit?

Thanks. J

J - I'm pretty sure they will, but I'm not 100%. The 308-8, 310-8 and 312-8's all seem to use Toro part number 111238. The 314-A and C-125 use P/N 103817. My guess is the two numbers are for the same part except the difference between riveted and glued facings. Experts, please?

Duff :omg:

mowerman1193

I could be wrong but as far as I have seen/known there was only two different size PTO disc..I think the earlier model tractors from the 1970's had 6" disc and from what I have seen all the later models early 80's and up have the 6 3/4" disc..

I just looked up a few different disc numbers and all the numbers I looked up superseed to a new number 94-6650 ..

There is also some numbers for what I believe is just the facing material that you rivet or glue to your old disc those numbers are 4365 and 102907..I am not sure if one is smaller than the other or if one is riveted and one is glued..That is sort of what I was trying to find out in my post about the GT1642..

Darn it too, as I was at my local dealer today.. I got to talking and I forgot to ask about this clutch facing..I will be past the dealers again on Thursday..If I get time I will ask him..I have a couple bad clutch's I'd like to repair..

Don1977

I have a 1977 C-120 and the clutch dish is 6 3/4". I replaced mine about 12 years ago. The metal replacement disk was 1/16" thinner than the original. I wore out about three sets of the C-clip retainers before I found out what was wrong. I then made a 1/16" spacer that goes behind the clutch disk.

It's great fun getting the spacer, clutch disk, and the retainers lined up with the holes in the pulley. :omg: