Oldskool

A Horse named Hiram

Handy Don
19 hours ago, Oldskool said:

@Handy Don this is how

I see how you made the adaptor, but how did it get centered on the wheel?

Oldskool
52 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

I see how you made the adaptor, but how did it get centered on the wheel?

The 4.5" O.D.of the adapter is the same size as the 4.5" O.D. of the original center hole of the Chevy wheel. So it just dropped right in. The center of the adapter is roughly 3-1/16" for the hub center.

• Like 1

Oldskool
3 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

There is just one thing wrong with that tractor, it need a tricycle front axle. 

That may be my next build 

• Excellent 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Oldskool said:

The 4.5" O.D.of the adapter is the same size as the 4.5" O.D. of the original center hole of the Chevy wheel. So it just dropped right in. The center of the adapter is roughly 3-1/16" for the hub center.

And the ID of the adaptor fit around the raised center of the WH hub. And you could even scribe the bolt circle onto the adaptor while it was on the lathe. 

Right tools and good thinking. Nice.

And thanks!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Oldskool
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

on the lathe. 

Right tools 

You know, out of all my tools that little lathe has made so many things possible that would have been otherwise improbable. 

• Like 1

Handy Don
33 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

You know, out of all my tools that little lathe has made so many things possible that would have been otherwise improbable. 

Years ago I moved into a house where the PO had left behind a metal lathe in the basement. At the time (and for many years after) I had zero interest in metalworking, so I gave it to a friend. No regrets, but there are days I've thought it'd be neat to have a lathe now!

• Like 3

Tractorhead

Yap, independently how small the Lathe is,

i found several Tasks i wouldn‘t myself believe my little Lathe can handle them, but it can do.

You just need a good Cutting Steel and a little More time than with a big Lathe.

• Like 2