KAA 1973

I guess one isn't enough

KAA 1973

Sigh...

Guy passed away and his Daughter in law is trying to clear out his shop and backyard, she was 25 miles from my brothers shop so we decided to go take a look.

Probably 15+ tractors, some complete and some carcasses still there.

I saw this complete 312-8 with a plow and figured 2 is always better than one and this gives me the mounts 

I needed to buy for a tiller, but came with a tractor.

A guy offered her 10 bucks for a complete tractor and she said sure, she just wants the "crap" gone so she doesn't have to clean it up.

There is still 2 trailers packed full to go through, I peaked inside one and there was a wad of V belts that was 4 feet high.

Ended up with the complete 312-8 with a plow, a 12 HP Magnum off a 312A and the hood from the 312A for next to nothing. 

312-8 has 800ish ours on it and the spare 12 from the 312A had 1111 hours but the block is grey, is this a replacement block?

Spare engine has the muffler with chrome guard the complete tractor has no muffler.

I have a few projects ahead of this but I plan to get both engines running.

There was a complete 310 I would have taken if we had room, but we didn't take a trailer- for good reason...

My brother ended up with a VERY clean Bolens Power Hoe, (in the background of my picture),  and a few implements for a walk behind

parts 312.jpg

• Like 6

Pollack Pete

That's the VERY reason I have schooled the Squaw here what things are worth.If I go first,I tell her to get close to what my things are worth and don't give them away.Worst thing to do would be give everything away for scrap metal.I cringe when I think about THAT.

Edited by Pollack Pete
  • Like 3

Lee1977
55 minutes ago, KAA 1973 said:

Sigh...

Guy passed away and his Daughter in law is trying to clear out his shop and backyard, she was 25 miles from my brothers shop so we decided to go take a look.

Probably 15+ tractors, some complete and some carcasses still there.

I saw this complete 312-8 with a plow and figured 2 is always better than one and this gives me the mounts 

I needed to buy for a tiller, but came with a tractor.

A guy offered her 10 bucks for a complete tractor and she said sure, she just wants the "crap" gone so she doesn't have to clean it up.

There is still 2 trailers packed full to go through, I peaked inside one and there was a wad of V belts that was 4 feet high.

Ended up with the complete 312-8 with a plow, a 12 HP Magnum off a 312A and the hood from the 312A for next to nothing. 

312-8 has 800ish ours on it and the spare 12 from the 312A had 1111 hours but the block is grey, is this a replacement block?

Spare engine has the muffler with chrome guard the complete tractor has no muffler.

I have a few projects ahead of this but I plan to get both engines running.

There was a complete 310 I would have taken if we had room, but we didn't take a trailer- for good reason...

My brother ended up with a VERY clean Bolens Power Hoe, (in the background of my picture),  and a few implements for a walk behind

parts 312.jpg

You should have called Pullstart for loading instructions, I'm sure he could have found room for at least 3 more.

• Thanks 1

KAA 1973

No Way!

I purposely didn't take a trailer because I didn't want 10 carcasses sitting around.

My brother wants to go back this Saturday to look through the trailers.

I'll probably pass for the reason above..

Pullstart

Sad that she let it go for nothing, but great that she chose to pass it all along instead of scrapping it!  In my youth, I’d have valued the “junk mowers” in a horse barn I worked out of as $10 a piece too... but I wish I remembered what they were!

squonk

I'd be all over that mess now that I have the time. Can't find any parts tractors around here anymore. Good deals are far and few. Fix what can be fixed, Part out what can't be. (everybody needs parts :)) And scrap the scrap. 

• Like 1

c-series don

I agree with having spare parts and parts tractors but a few years ago I looked in my backyard and realized I had too much crap. I had taken the good parts I needed or may need in the future and kinda hate to say it but I scrapped the rest. 

99495FA7-AAB2-49E5-974D-F554EAEB2964.jpeg

• Sad 4

Pullstart
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

I agree with having spare parts and parts tractors but a few years ago I looked in my backyard and realized I had too much crap. I had taken the good parts I needed or may need in the future and kinda hate to say it but I scrapped the rest. 

99495FA7-AAB2-49E5-974D-F554EAEB2964.jpeg

That’s sad to hear right there.

• Like 2

squonk

At least yank the engine and transmission.

• Like 1

c-series don
On 3/15/2021 at 6:25 PM, squonk said:

At least yank the engine and transmission.

The K series Kohler you see in the picture was locked up solid and the transmissions had rotten or no shifter boots on them when I got them. They were full of water and had previously frozen I’m not sure how many times. 

Gregor
12 hours ago, c-series don said:

The K series Kohler you see in the picture was locked up solid

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. Make him better, faster, stronger"

And a select few of us are just stupid enough to do it !:banana-wrench:

The Tuul Crib

😳😳

D_Mac

One mans junk is another mans treasure 

20200501_202005.jpg

20200715_110751.jpg

• Like 1