Stubby

Hydraulic lift upgrade c101 or C105

Stubby

I have a C101 and C105 and I would like to put a hydraulic life on one of them or find a list of models that already have hydraulic lift on it. Unfortunately I have snowblower, deck, tiller, plow attachments and am getting older and I need to try and preserve my shoulder. If I have to change tractor model, hopefully can do so with a attachment compatible model.

953 nut

:WRS:

A hydraulic lift will be found on most :wh: models that have a hydrostatic transaxle.

If your C-101 or C-105 have a hydrostatic transmission then the conversion is something that could be accomplished with some good used parts and a bit of elbow grease. If they are manual shift tractors then an  electric lift would be an potion. Either way one of the biggest obstacles would be converting the rocker shaft over. Part 46 would have to be replaced by part 9 and they are usually rusted into part 19 so well that it is nearly imposable to separate them.

121173853_Rockershaftmanuallift.jpg.eddbba91aa9494590d0b4a3c12318f47.jpg

• Like 2

Stubby

Yes they are both manual. Maybe I should get a different tractor with hydraulic that is compatible with my attachments and sell these. I have no idea which electric lift I would need to get. Wotrking on them is not an issue just making sure I get the correct parts.

• Like 1

peter lena

953 NUT, thanks for the blow up diagram that says it all , being a lubrication nut I regularly touch up areas with chain lubricant and a nozzle tube extension for detail . that trunnion position mount area , regularly gets my lubricant, when I started , it was dry , then the rust started to run out , then it stayed with a lubricant stain . the natural vibration will draw in that  lubricant , why not do that ?  pete

• Like 2

c-series don

The C 101 and 105’s both ten horses only came in 8-speeds, the C-121 and 125’s came in both 8 speed and automatic models. However the automatic models did not have hydraulic lift, that wasn’t available until you got to the C-141,161,145,165. Personally I’d look for a model that came with factory hydraulic lift. All of the C- series attachments are will work on any of these models. That’s another beauty of these great tractors! 

• Like 3

Stubby

Thank everyone for the information. More information welcome. lol

Edited by Stubby

roadapples

:text-yeahthat:I'd  be looking  for  a c120 or c160. But, I  had a blower on a Raider 10 and it just about pulled me out of the seat trying to lift it. Turns out I  had it hooked in the wrong hole. The trunnion #20 goes in the back hole in #19

• Like 2

Stubby
3 hours ago, roadapples said:

:text-yeahthat:I'd  be looking  for  a c120 or c160. But, I  had a blower on a Raider 10 and it just about pulled me out of the seat trying to lift it. Turns out I  had it hooked in the wrong hole. The trunnion #20 goes in the back hole in #19

OMG how stupid. I had it in the wrong hole. Night and day difference now. Thanks Roadapples.

• Excellent 3