Slimpickins

16 auto restoration

Slimpickins

So maybe it will be a freshing up than restoration . As you can see I've got some work to do.This will be a long slow build but I thought I'd share it.

If you see me doing stupid stuff please tell me to pull my head out. Lol  This will be my first refresh of many let the fun begin.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine

I'm in.  

:popcorn:

Will you be repairing or replacing the rear frame section?

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:popcorn:

Quit hoggin the corn...!

• Haha 2

Slimpickins

I have a local guy that I have to go see for a new one. But I will fix this one and see how it ends up.

It gets lots of abuise so 3/8 plate and braces will be used. 

• Like 3

Slimpickins

Moving chicken coop.

image.png

• Like 2

Slimpickins

I have a local guy that I have to go see for a new one. But I will fix this one and see how it ends up.

It gets lots of abuise so 3/8 plate and braces will be used. 

Slimpickins

The story is 7 years ago got her to take care of new mini farm. She was very very used when we got her but in working order.

I have always want to restore but living in Michigan no down time. I had to re oring the hydro. Kit from bj or pj in Delton Mi thanks again for the guys posting that on here.Other than that its been small repairs to keep her goingFast forward to june lost the elec clutch. Found a c161 manual Clutch parts tractor to replace the elec one. Well dash stand is a little different didn't look like a straight swap.

So lets check out the c161 that wasn't running well 2 hours later I'm mowing. So nows the time to freshin up not restore because I am to financially embarrassed to do a real restoration.

• Like 4

Slimpickins

I do mean mini  :D

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Heart 6

8ntruck

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the forum.

Good to see another Michigander here.  I am originally from Lansing and still have family there.  My wife and I get down there frequently.  Might try to look you up for as face to face meeting sometime?

• Like 5

Slimpickins

That sounds good I live by the new loves truck stop.

• Like 1

Slimpickins

I've seen a post about someone having a problem with a 82" tsc belt was to small but napa would work . My problem is all brands 82 is to small and 84 is to big. If you can help with the link that would be great I can't seem to find it thanks :rolleyes:or pulley sizes

WVHillbilly520H
1 minute ago, Slimpickins said:

I've seen a post about someone having a problem with a 82" tsc belt was to small but napa would work . My problem is all brands 82 is to small and 84 is to big. If you can help with the link that would be great I can't seem to find it thanks :rolleyes:or pulley sizes

There should be an 83" at TSC.

• Like 1

Slimpickins

As I understand it or maybe don't the 16auto should take a 82 belt just want to know why I'm that kid why why why? :eusa-think:

• Sad 1

Slimpickins

Looking on ebay for a k341 block and there not a lot of choices didnt see a one from Joes at all. Found this crack 7 years ago just after buying it the head gasket blew. Now I know why it was so cheap,Didn't have the money at the time to fix it so just threw a gasket on and ran it. About every couple years the gasket blows so I keep extras and fattened  the mixture. My theory was fat it might run a little cooler or wash the cylinder down and making the block junk. :laughing-rolling: I really was surprised that I didn't have more problems with it considering it was worked hard. For 5 year its pushed from 10 to 50 yards of wood chips a week plus for 7years 1 1/2 acres mowing and snow Plus wood we only heat with wood. Oh it's intake seat to fins image.jpeg.554921e0e4f8ed8220b87ac794c7b4aa.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Slimpickins

Had a heat wave here today of 20s high enough to run the presure washer so there was some cleaning going on and alot of getting wet. I miss the hot tank so much. Then a little more tear down on the not so greasy  sub assembly's . Sorry for the bad pics it was very brightB) but I was loving it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Slimpickins

So back at it I was down do to some long term health problems. I thought I would check out the trans that I replaced seals and resurfaced. Wow pretty sure I thew some sand in to give it some grip😖 so I will resurface again and clean the whole system better this time and change to 10-30. Is there a source for the input bearing or do I try LJ fluid ? Oh and yes I will do both pump and motor Just like doing one at a time. Last time my son thought I it crazy that you can make them flat on glass, sometimes old guys are cool.😎

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg