Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Some green for winter

6wheeler

Just thought you all may enjoy this pic. It it my 1949 JD model A. Along with my project that I will have ready for spring plowing. It is a Case Centennial 2-14" trip plow. I don't know what year it is. But? I think it is early 40's. I have done some work on it. I welded new rims on the spoke wheels. When it gets warmer I will put different tires on it. Go through the lift mechanism. And? Clean up the rusty moldboards. Then I will try to get some pics of it working.:text-bump:

20200411_102706_HDR.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

8ntruck

Please get good sound on that video of the JD art work.

You know - chug, chug, chug

6wheeler

Will do. I will also get pics (at least) of the A pulling my KBA disc and CCA field cultivator. Both of those implements are age sensitive to the tractor. The cultivator is a 1948 and the disc is 1950. Close enough... Cool thing I learned about the plow. There is not 1 bearing or seal on the plow. They are called cold bearings. That is 2 different  grades of steel used in the axle shafts and wheel hubs. They need plenty of grease . Need to be greased regularly as the grease pushes the dirt out. Odd, but it works. Can't wait for spring. :thumbs:

T-Mo

Nice A.  Love the sound of a two cylinder JD, especially under load.