Retired Wrencher

Doing a little work.

rjg854

I do the same as you, plow the snow to one side of the driveway and blow the snow out into the field so I don't end up with high plies that can then drift over, even deeper than the snow I plowed.  Although, my blower is mounted on a 16 Auto.  

That does look like a very stout blower you've got there ;)

• Like 2

Pollack Pete

We do our dog pen and chicken pen with a similar Ariens blower.Great machine.I had a 1971 Ariens that I retired a couple yrs ago.If the new one lasts as long as the old one did,it will be around longer than I will.

Retired Wrencher
5 hours ago, rjg854 said:

I do the same as you, plow the snow to one side of the driveway and blow the snow out into the field so I don't end up with high plies that can then drift over, even deeper than the snow I plowed.  Although, my blower is mounted on a 16 Auto.  

That does look like a very stout blower you've got there ;)

It is the top of the line by Ariens.  It is a beast. But heavy and a lot of machine to handle.

Retired Wrencher
4 hours ago, Pollack Pete said:

We do our dog pen and chicken pen with a similar Ariens blower.Great machine.I had a 1971 Ariens that I retired a couple yrs ago.If the new one lasts as long as the old one did,it will be around longer than I will.

Pete they make them to last. It is really the old contractor grade blower. This seven years ago was two grand. Got lucky in L.V.

CCW

I have similar Ariens blower and only use the first two forward speed settings.  If I used the top speed it would go faster that I can run.

• Like 2

Digger 66
8 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Working these out today. Looks to be a busy week.  I enjoy getting these out.  I plow to one side then blow it on the side lot. This blower is rated at 50' in light snow. But I am getting to the age where it is a little much for me. Meaning it is 6` long and it is a young mans game, but this thing moves the snow. Hope you enjoy the picks.

IMG_0354.JPG

I think I have your blower's little old uncle :D

1qtsGRV.jpg

Handy Don
48 minutes ago, Digger 66 said:

1qtsGRV.jpg

Nice resto.  70's?  Just like mine, pre-safety clutches and all.  

I have a '75 with the original 6hp Tecumseh (an out-for-the-trash find that I brought back to life about 10 years ago). Found that 60's Chevy block paint was the closest (cheap rattle can) color match.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
13 hours ago, Digger 66 said:

1qtsGRV.jpg

Digger Nice job on the Resto. These are like W/Horse made to last. I had one time a 2.5hp model sweatiest little blower motor ran like a clock.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
15 hours ago, CCW said:

I have similar Ariens blower and only use the first two forward speed settings.  If I used the top speed it would go faster that I can run.

CCW. They do move out in a good clip.

Digger 66
22 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Nice resto.  70's?

66 . Got the owners manual and the accessory ( tiller , mower etc ) brochure too . 

• Like 1

71_Bronco

I have an older 22 inch Ariens similar to yours @Digger 66, with an HS50 5hp Tecumseh on it for a motor. Supposedly the HS50s are desirable as they have a small block (that was typically up to 3hp) thats upped to the 5hp. They are popular with the mini-bike crowd.

Mine is nowhere near as nice as yours, but it throws snow like no tomorrow. I just need to get a new belt for it as it popped last winter.

• Like 1