Sign in to follow this  
plowmaster

Furthest haul

Rideawaysenior

I've got one coming up on the 6th that is going to be 450ish to 475ish one way. I'm really looking forward to it though. I'll be sure to take some scenery pics along the way and some of the load once on the trailer. My good Friend Mike is coming along to do some driving, as with recent events it would be too much for me to do alone.

Prater

Not a Wheel Horse, but the longest haul I have made for my landscape material was 1600 miles one direction. I went from Oklahoma City, OK to Miami, Florida and picked up 8000lbs of coral base rock for my landscaping projects. I did however mix in some business and ended up driving about 7000 miles total, picking up the rock near the end of the trip.

IMG_0043.jpg

Coadster32

All of my horses have come within a 50 mile radius.

I'm with Teddy Da Bear on this one. Prob. more like a 30mile rad. though. :omg:

(was this even worthy of a post?)

Rod(NASNUT)

Well I think it was about 4 Hr. one way to pickup a Charger 9.

Mattbg79

Well, looks like im the craziest here so far. :drool: About 2 mos ago I bought my 310 on ebay and my dad and I hopped in the truck and drove about 1700mi to New Jersey and back. we left after work on Thursday about 6 and with him riding shotgun I drove the whole roundtrip. We returned 32hrs later with only 2 stops (to p/u the 310, and at cabellas in west virginia). It poured rain during the whole trip except while we loaded up the horse. We both stayed up from Thurs morning early until about 4am sat morning. It was actually alot of fun for us. By 10am sat i had her slinging grass. In the end it was worth every last mile, yawn, drive thru burger, and even the funky smell of waterless urinals off the Pennsulvania turnpike! :omg:

Prater

Matt, I believe I stopped at the West Virginia Cabella's when I drove through to DC from OKC. If I remember correctly there were a lot of up hill and down hill driving through that area...

rickv1957

Went from Mo to VT to pickup a nice D250 a while back forget how far,1200 miles or more,Rick

jusjeepn

My longest trip was around 900 mi. I drove from Marion IN. to Chicago area, back to Attica IN. then to St Louis MO and back home again. Pretty rough 14hr trip with no radio in a borrowed pickup. I did come home with 3 "lawn mowers" (of the antique orange variety) a 42" W/H dozer blade and my first wheel horse disc! The disc has been restored and the Dozer blade became my 60"

zieg72

200 miles for my latest 520, the other implements and tractors where less than that. Course Ebay purchases of non tractor stuff, longest was an 11 hour one way trip to upper NY from Chicago.

Drydock

Did 500 miles there and back from central MO to central Indiana to pick up an engineless 551. It was well worth it, great little tractor BTW.

can whlvr

I drove 800 miles to get my 414-8 i think i drove 100 miles an hour to get there before someone else nabbed it,because horses around here are scarse because they are higher end machines and due to the exchange they were even more expensive,so people around here dont let them go,and we all know they will last forever :omg:

porkchop

I have not went over 50 miles yet but I,m just starting with the RED FEVER. I did sell the 1054 last week to a guy in NORWAY. He,s sending someone for it and has one already.

ronscat

3 Wheelhorses, 3 different owners I purchased from, total one way distance - approximately 45 miles. :omg:

Ron

coolhandblack

I have drove about 4 hours to get a snow blade! Course Wheelhorse stuff is hard to find here in Kansas so it was well worth the trip, plus I got to meet a member of Redsquare!

Lane Ranger

About 1200 miles (577 miles one way) from Greencastle, Indiana to Milton, Ontario, Canada and back though Marlette , Michigan at Joe's Outdoor Power Equipment for some 1054 parts.

8 1/2 hours for a 1054 tractor. I was in Canada about 5 hours total -wne to the back, got gas and loaded up a tractor for Indiana!

can whlvr

Hey there lane ranger,are you rustling our horses across borders im gonna haft to come down there for some rastling some time :thumbs2: Milton is about 1 hour from me,what did you get if you dont mind me asking,because we dont see too many older horses,mostly i see post 80s.

Lane Ranger

I bought a 1965 Wheel Horse 1054-A that had a transmission that was burned up due to no gear oil in the transaxle and/or bad seals that should have been replaced. It was listed for about 18 months on KIJIJI in Toronto (but Milton is about 55 miles west of there) and I bought it for $350 for my borhter and that makes three we have restored with one more to go!

W had a good spare 1054 transmission and we had extra parts. I bought a 1054 transaxle on Ebay from Joe's Outdoor Power in Marlette , Michigan (USA's largest online lawn mower parts seller) and it is only about 45 minutes from Port Huron where I entered Canada.

Here are some photos. Indiana is always good wh raiding territory!

100_5462.jpg

100_5482.jpg

100_5474.jpg

The one in front is the "Canadian" tractor after we worked a little magic on it!

100_5340-1.jpg

can whlvr

Nice machine you got there its good to see it go to a good home and not the wrecking yard,too many end up as scrap when the scrap prices are high.

stevasaurus

I may have you all beat...I inherited 4 wheelhorse tractors from my dad.

Took me almost 59 years to get there!! :thumbs:

enjoyed the ride. :thumbs2:

W9JAB

:thumbs2: Not a "HAUL" but when we moved to the outher side of town I drove my 856 the two miles to the new shack rather than pay the movers! :thumbs:

Nick

Thats a new question. Whats the furthest you have driven a horse?

travisg84

My dad lives about a half mile down the road, so i drive the horse when she needs alittle maintance.

linen beige

Thats a new question. Whats the furthest you have driven a horse?

Are we talking distance from home or total distance covered during kid hauling laps around the house? :thumbs2:

I've had my old 400 suburban a couple miles from home back when I was a kid, but have put at least 25 miles on my 1054A in a day just playing.

bell

The wife and I drove 460 miles (920 miles, roundtrip) to snag the $25 603...

603home022.jpg