Bcmedic85

Looking for tips and advice

Bcmedic85

Thanks guys appreciate all the help 

• Like 1

Bcmedic85

Just wanted to say thanks again you are awesome! Got her cleaned up serviced and put back together she moves under own power again! I did try and look up that spring that was on the left side for the clutch pedal and ended up just leaving it off according to the diagrams my year did not have a spring there. Someone must have added one when the gas cylinder for the clutch got weak. One strange thing that happened didn’t think about it at the time I still had the fenders and seat and everything off of it after I changed the fluids I started it up pushed the clutch pedal in and she fired right up without the seat and seat safety wiring being hooked up. Only reason I think about it now is after I put everything back together she will not start with the key I had to jump the solenoid terminals to get her going again. I did try running a jumper across the seat switch wiring but still nothing. With the key in the on position and putting the jumper in the connector you can hear a click noise but then try to turn the key to start and nothing happens. When I get time I’m going to try and jump the clutch pedal safety switch see what happens. Anyone have any ideas or had this happen before? Lol side note it was starting with the key just fine before I took the back end apart. 

51838737-F641-4D45-9D76-C57877CD6709.jpeg

DennisThornton
11 hours ago, Bcmedic85 said:

Just wanted to say thanks again you are awesome! Got her cleaned up serviced and put back together she moves under own power again! I did try and look up that spring that was on the left side for the clutch pedal and ended up just leaving it off according to the diagrams my year did not have a spring there. Someone must have added one when the gas cylinder for the clutch got weak. One strange thing that happened didn’t think about it at the time I still had the fenders and seat and everything off of it after I changed the fluids I started it up pushed the clutch pedal in and she fired right up without the seat and seat safety wiring being hooked up. Only reason I think about it now is after I put everything back together she will not start with the key I had to jump the solenoid terminals to get her going again. I did try running a jumper across the seat switch wiring but still nothing. With the key in the on position and putting the jumper in the connector you can hear a click noise but then try to turn the key to start and nothing happens. When I get time I’m going to try and jump the clutch pedal safety switch see what happens. Anyone have any ideas or had this happen before? Lol side note it was starting with the key just fine before I took the back end apart. 

51838737-F641-4D45-9D76-C57877CD6709.jpeg

Grab a wiring diagram and either a test light or meter.

gwest_ca

Bcmedic85

Got another question about this thing it has a 37 inch side discharge mower deck on it no tags on serial numbers anywhere. I put a new belt on it today found a 1/2 inch x 141 inch belt that works once I tighten the adjuster on the mule drive a bit could probably get by with a 140 or 139 have more adjustment left in it. But does anyone else’s deck come really close to the left front tire or is it just mine? I barely turn left and it’s scrubbing the front tire. 

9B86101C-0986-460C-830D-23B09FA0BE9E.jpeg

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Bcmedic85 said:

Got another question about this thing it has a 37 inch side discharge mower deck on it no tags on serial numbers anywhere. I put a new belt on it today found a 1/2 inch x 141 inch belt that works once I tighten the adjuster on the mule drive a bit could probably get by with a 140 or 139 have more adjustment left in it. But does anyone else’s deck come really close to the left front tire or is it just mine? I barely turn left and it’s scrubbing the front tire. 

9B86101C-0986-460C-830D-23B09FA0BE9E.jpeg

Can you get a couple good shots from low on both sides that show how it's hooked up under the tractor, please?

Bcmedic85

@Handy Don I got it fixed I found instructions on this site for deck removal and installation. It wasn’t aligned properly the middle fork was on the outside of the frame instead of in the middle on the bar. The fella I bought this thing off of had it hooked up wrong as well. 

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Bcmedic85 said:

@Handy Don I got it fixed I found instructions on this site for deck removal and installation. It wasn’t aligned properly the middle fork was on the outside of the frame instead of in the middle on the bar. The fella I bought this thing off of had it hooked up wrong as well. 

Glad to hear it! You were reading my mind.

Also, the fork that "sticks up" in the middle is easy to mis-align. With everything in its proper place, it also lifts better and mows more evenly.  BTW, I strongly suggest you read the rest of those instructions and take the time to make sure the mower height is correctly aligned--not hard to do and makes a big difference in the evenness of the cut!

• Like 2

peter lena

when you r/r a spiral pin , use never seize to reinstall it , makes life easier , pete 

• Like 1

Bcmedic85

Definitely going to read the rest of the instructions since this is my first wheel horse mower. Thanks again fellas. 

peter lena

when you r/r a spiral pin , use never seize to reinstall it , makes life easier , pete 

peter lena

when you encounter your first steering wheel removal attempt , you will relate to the never seize lubrication . which is NOT  on the original installation, another story , pete 

• Haha 1