Ed Kennell

Another Snow Stacker

ebinmaine

Nice work Sir. 

Like that rear bracket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Retired Wrencher

Good job Ed. I am sure your son will enjoy it. I hate safety switches my self. I call it over kill on these new mowers.

• Like 2

953 nut
15 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I did a basic rewire  w/o safety switches.   Had 30vac from the flywheel, so added a charging system.    Choke and throttle cables.  Added reinforcement plate to the steering shaft bearing. The H/L shifter had to be lifted up slightly to be able to shift, so I  installed a shim under the lever to keep it up a bit.  Made an axle bracket/weight support.      Installed a set of chains,

What!        No heated cab?                Sort of hard on your son aren't you.                  :ychain:

• Haha 3

Ed Kennell
25 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

What!        No heated cab?                Sort of hard on your son aren't you.                  :ychain:

He's just a 54 yo kid Richard.     Around 67  is when you realize you need a heated cab.      Let's see, I'll be  90 then.  I'll give him my 520  and he can plow my snow.     :eusa-think:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Can't spoil 'em too early Richard. 

They just expect everything handed to then after that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pollack Pete
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Around 67  is when you realize you need a heated cab.      

Amen to that.I realized that a couple yrs. before hitting 67.Before then,I didn't mind the cold,blowing snow at all.Now is a different story.

• Like 1

pfrederi
8 minutes ago, Pollack Pete said:

Amen to that.I realized that a couple yrs. before hitting 67.Before then,I didn't mind the cold,blowing snow at all.Now is a different story.

at 71 no cab yet

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

JohnD

So why is this thread called a stacker?  What's a snow stacker? Maybe because the plow stacks the snow and doesn't throw it? 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, JohnD said:

So why is this thread called a stacker?  What's a snow stacker? Maybe because the plow stacks the snow and doesn't throw it? 

Yepp

IMG_20210204_194146689.jpg.0a194226bcede52612d88826d1a975c3.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Took Marks snow stacker on it's test run today.     It moves snow and will work OK on Marks long driveway. 

After using foot control machines with hyd. lift for years, pushing clutches, pulling lift levers and jammin gears is not for me.

He may like it...after all he's the guy that bought an Audi with a 6 speed manual tranny.

My two hydros kinda shunned the 8 speed.

102_2606.JPG.6383c80390e8b1982abebacf0b769d94.JPG

• Excellent 3
  • Haha 2