1st horse

Trying to identify my wheel horse

1st horse

Trying to figure out exactly what I have a friend gave it to me said it was a 1963 8hp Kohler he's right on the engine but I think he is off on the year and I can't find a serial or model number on it I got intending to completely restore it but I really need to identify what I have I would really appreciate any help and advice 

20210131_093723.jpg

20210131_093712.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Welcome aboard!

The hood makes it '70 or newer.  

Any pics of the other side?

Electric clutch would be unusual on an 8 horse. 

Push pull knobs and those decals are leading me to 70 to 72 era?

1st horse

That's kind of what I'm thinking too I thought late 60's early 70's and by my saying he was correct on the engine it is a Kohler not sure of hp yet here's a pic of the other side not the best though I was thinking maybe a commando 875

20210131_093703.jpg

pfrederi

The engine is not a Kohler it is  I believe a Briggs, that may also explain the electric PTO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1st horse

Getting a lot of good info here looks like he really didn't know what he had lol of course I don't have a clue either any idea where I may find some numbers I really want to get started on the restoration but I need to figure out exactly what it is for getting any parts thank you so much for all of your help

• Like 1

squonk

71 800 Special

3AF40F9E-FC6B-4FD6-B7BC-0D15A8F2D56D.jpeg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

WHNJ701

Save the patina!!!

• Like 1

pfrederi

1st horse
9 minutes ago, squonk said:

71 800 Special

3AF40F9E-FC6B-4FD6-B7BC-0D15A8F2D56D.jpeg

Sure does look like it

1st horse
9 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Thank you so very much truly appreciated this will be an immense help

rjg854

1st horse

Any idea where the number plate should be located or are the numbers stamped in somewhere??

rjg854

Not for sure with that exact model, but usually on the hood stand, left side or under the dash

• Thanks 1

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

If you click on the picture part of the link to the manual there is a picture of the ID plate but hard to determine the location on the tractor. It may be up under the dash panel at the top of the panel in front of the seat.

Another manual. Click on the picture in the link for more info.

Garry

• Thanks 1

1st horse

I want to thank everyone for all of the fantastic info now I'll be off to a great start restoring my horse

• Like 1

1st horse
5 hours ago, jabelman said:

Save the patina!!!

Sorry patina is way too rough she's gonna be a full resto back to factory original

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• JP56
      By JP56
      I purchased what I was told by the seller, to be a "partially restored" 1975 C Series. I have it now for 3 seasons & have concluded that this restoration consisted of replacing a few bolts and repainting it and replacing some of the decals. The seller told me he "screwed up" on the Model Decals when he ordered them, & put the wrong one on it (C120), but did not tell me the correct one that should be on it, and he gave me a 1975 C Series Owners Manual with it. I am wondering if the Model Numbers correlate to the horsepower of the engines. If that is the case, I must have a C100, because mine has the Kohler 10 HP engine, which is labeled as a K241S. It has an 8 Speed Manual Transmission.

After getting it home and using it, I put it in my shed & the next time I went to use it, I see the transmission/gearbox has leaked oil onto the shed floor, appears to be coming from the seam between the two halves of the rear-end. I also see a heavy black greasy film build up at both axle seals & also around the brake drum seal. I am now in doubt of the recommended oil for the rear end. Some of the online forums say that they had begun using transmission fluid as a replacement for older types of lubes, while others say 10-30 motor oil. I saw someplace which I can't seem to find again right now, that 85W-140 gear lube was what should be used. The oil level on the dipstick has not dropped to low levels, and appears to be motor oil, so after searching around and also checking the manual given to me with the tractor, I top off the level with 10W-30 as spec'd on page 5 of the manual(if this is indeed the right manual for my year and model). 

My problem now, is that last season, it suddenly seemed to get a bit sluggish & slow down as it gets warmer during use. I believe my sluggishness problem might be due to the leak in the box seam and possibly also the type of fluid/lube in the case of the transmission/gearbox. I had already tweaked the carb as best I could, changed the fuel filter, replaced the spark plug due to a hard starting condition and rough running, & it seems to be running fine right now except for a backfire when shutting it down. I have purchased a replacement carb for it that I have to put on now, & I am pretty sure I need to locate & change the points as well. 

Anyway I am hoping that someone can point me towards the right manuals, by placing all numbers I have been able to find on it here so I can hopefully find the right service/repair manuals (hopefully as free downloads someplace online) for the different systems. 

Tractor:
      Model: 103909
      Serial Number: 47404

Engine:
      Model: K241S
      Specs: 46636D
      S/N: 6097616

Deck: 0542M505

All Numbers on Transmission/Gearbox Casting:
      A24
      8163 or B163 ?(Cannot Read Clearly)
      101761 or 1017G1 ?(Cannot Read Clearly)

Any and all advice/info anyone can supply me with on this would be greatly appreciated! Also, any tips on good places to purchase reasonably priced parts would be good as well.

• Team70R
      By Team70R
      Just scored what I believe to be a c120. But I'm not sure. It has the 3 speed unidrive, which I know is incorrect. Not sure if it's been swapped or if something else is out of place. It looks the serial number plate was stamped twice!?

• Don_G
      By Don_G
      I picked up a Toro, Wheel Horse 522xi but it doesn't have a model or serial number ID tag on it anywhere?  Is there any feature or something to determine the year and other ID?  I have the engine data: Kohler mod CH22S, Spec 66545, disp 624, serial number 2813615731.  It has tilt steering, high/low hydrostatic drive and a 60" deck but the deck ID tag is missing the 2/3's of it that had it's model and serial number.  Pictures attached:

Additional pictures:

• Sherard
    • ztnoo
      By ztnoo
      I've been a member here less than three weeks, and every day, and every thread I've read and participated in has been a wonderful, informative experience and I've found RS to be an extremely friendly place to hang out.
      I'd like to personally thank everyone who has read my threads and my commentary in other members threads. It's all been helpful beyond belief, and I've established some fantastic connections with other members concerning my area of WH interest.

I'm searching today for a PDF file link someone posted within the time I've been enrolled here which listed all model numbers, year of manufacture, tractor description, model name, transmission type, engine make, engine serial numbers, horsepower rating, transmission manufacturer, & transmission model number.

I've looked at the threads I've posted and looked at my "Followed Content" and I can find a thing.
      I thought I had saved the link to file, but I can't find that in my Bookmarks either.
      I can't seem to locate it if my life depended on it.
      I'm pulling my hair out (which is decreasing daily naturally anyway) trying to find this PDF.

Can anyone rescue me from my dilemma and point me to the link for a Model & Year PDF file?

Regards,
      Steve