Dieselcowboy

GT14 hyd valve and motion control seal

Dieselcowboy

Hey fellas I’ve got the spool valve and motion control lever leaking oil on my gt14. Is there any known replacement seal-O ring numbers that work for these or someone who supplies them ? 

Achto
10 hours ago, Dieselcowboy said:

Is there any known replacement seal-O ring numbers that work for these or someone who supplies them ? 

On the last one that I repaired, I took the old O-rings along with me to the hardware store and matched them up.

• Like 1

pfrederi

The motion control uses 2 O rings. O rings are identified by a Dash #...  You need Dash# 116 and Dash # 026. I use #026S (square profile) as they are easier to install. Can't help on the lift control

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Take your old seals to a large industrial Hydraulic Repair Shop.  They have tons of O-rings of every configuration and should be able to help you out.  Call them first and see if they have they have the numbers Pfederi listed above.  if they have those, they probable have the other one you need.  

• Like 1

Dieselcowboy

Thank you fellas. I've always feared having to deal with this problem having hydros. Hopefully the install isn't too bad. 

pfrederi

Unfortunately the motion control seal maybe a PIA unless you are lucky that nothing is stuck and you have small agile hands.... You will probably have to split the GT-14 which is not a fun project in itself.

You will need a 12pt 1/4 inch socket and  1/4" roll pin punch

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

Achto

One other tip that helps is to put grease on the O-ring that is pinched in by the metal plate. This will help to hold it in place while you put the bolts back in.

• Like 1

Jeff-C175

I suspect that the GT is way different than my black hood but I discovered that the bolts holding the lift valve together were LOOSE! thus the leakage I was experiencing.  If yours is bolted together, check that first!  Wish that I had!

pfrederi
2 hours ago, Achto said:

One other tip that helps is to put grease on the O-ring that is pinched in by the metal plate. This will help to hold it in place while you put the bolts back in.

Grease is an excellent idea the square profile  O-ring helps also

• Like 1