BeninCT

1227 or C81? Is this a good deal (CL tractor)

BeninCT

There is an ad for a C 81 posted but the picture is of this tractor which clearly says 1277.  Are they the same or is the seller confused?

Also he says it runs perfect but smokes a little on start- asking $225.  I kinda like it but don’t know anything about it.  Think its a hydro.

7EA4024B-FC12-46CB-BE14-C7E788A16123.jpeg

85C1FD0F-3B59-475C-ACE4-2DE5211817D9.jpeg

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Seller is clearly confused. 

Or..

Literally could be a scam. 

Up here one of the tactics scammers use is to copy an ad or 2 together and put a ridiculous low price. Then string you along.......

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Ed Kennell
56 minutes ago, BeninCT said:

Are they the same

No, 1277 is a 1967 12 HP auto.   C-81 is a 1978 8 HP 8 speed 

• Like 1

Achto

The tractor in the pic is 1277 for sure. The seller may not know what they are selling. If they provide a phone number, call them and make a cash on delivery offer.  If they won't do cash on delivery then it is most likely a scam.

If they only provide an email address, you can contact them and ask for a phone number. Again if they don't wish to have a conversation, then it is most likely a scam.

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

Maybe they have two items for sale. If that was in my area, it would already be on my trailer. 

As others have said, DO NOT pay ahead or paypal, only in person cash deal!! 

Randy

• Like 3

BeninCT

Traded a couple emails and the guy sounds real.  Bought enough stuff on CL to know but its odd that he has is named wrong for sure.  Thanks for clearing up the confusion.  CL in CT if anyone is looking.  

• Like 1

Pullstart
39 minutes ago, BeninCT said:

Traded a couple emails and the guy sounds real.  Bought enough stuff on CL to know but its odd that he has is named wrong for sure.  Thanks for clearing up the confusion.  CL in CT if anyone is looking.  

You should be, at that price!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Darb1964

I been keeping a eye on that tractor, I just went and checked it on market place. Has it on their for 550 has been listed for a while. It is listed as a 1277. I think he has had other's listed in the past. I have not dealt with him, but looks liget. It don't come with the newer rear wheel according to the ad I'm looking at. Looks good in ad, definitely repainted. At 225 I would check it out.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
37 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

I been keeping a eye on that tractor, I just went and checked it on market place. Has it on their for 550 has been listed for a while. It is listed as a 1277. I think he has had other's listed in the past. I have not dealt with him, but looks liget. It don't come with the newer rear wheel according to the ad I'm looking at. Looks good in ad, definitely repainted. At 225 I would check it out.

I'd be on it at $550 in my part of the country, but I very seldom even see the 60's models for sale around here. 

Randy

BeninCT

It’s tempting!  Need to adopt the 1 in, 1 out approach now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Achto
16 minutes ago, BeninCT said:

Need to adopt the 1 in, 1 out approach now.

:confusion-confused: I don't under stand this approach. Could you please explain?

Aren't you just supposed to just keep adding on to the garage to make room for the newest member of the herd???:lol:

Edited by Achto
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 3

Darb1964
1 hour ago, RandyLittrell said:

I'd be on it at $550 in my part of the country, but I very seldom even see the 60's models for sale around here. 

Randy

It's crazy how many are around our area, .many different model's all the time. Good thing there's two feet of snow on my trailer and ten degrees.out of room to boot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

rjg854

That's just plain crazy talk @Darb1964 a little cold and snow shouldn't be considered when there's a shivering, and starving :wh: out there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Stepney

He still has it posted at 550, I think he's just confused with uploading CL pictures and also has a C81..

BeninCT
11 hours ago, Stepney said:

He still has it posted at 550, I think he's just confused with uploading CL pictures and also has a C81..

traded some emails and you r correct. See,s like nice guy too. 

ezeastside

Sorry for the confusion guys. Yes I attached the wrong pictures with the wrong ad. The 1277 has since been sold.

Hobbies change and times change and I need some room for future different projects. The actual C-81 is listed on Market place.  There is a D160 for sale also  cross listed and

in short time I will be listing others and attachments. No Scam here!!

Was a great hobby for about 15 years but seeing what's going on in this hobby has me moving on.

Never really bought anything to flip and try to price this stuff reasonably. I am always open for 

discussion and reasonable offers on all my listings.

Good Day..

Thanks,

Ed

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
33 minutes ago, ezeastside said:

Sorry for the confusion guys. Yes I attached the wrong pictures with the wrong ad. The 1277 has since been sold.

Hobbies change and times change and I need some room for future different projects. The actual C-81 is listed on Market place.  There is a D160 for sale also  cross listed and

in short time I will be listing others and attachments. No Scam here!!

Was a great hobby for about 15 years but seeing what's going on in this hobby has me moving on.

Never really bought anything to flip and try to price this stuff reasonably. I am always open for 

discussion and reasonable offers on all my listings.

Good Day..

Thanks,

Ed

Good to see your clarification Ed.

Best of luck with whatever undertakings are next in line for you...

rjg854

@ezeastside could you possibly post your items in our for sale classified's, I'm sure you'll find some interest here ;)