Maxwell-8

2cyl turbo diesel Wheel Horse

littleredrider

I have a 10 horse one lunger, and when it had recoil, it wasn't too hard to start. It broke years ago, and since has electric start, never used it again lol. But I need to get a new recoil, since can't seem to get a good battery...

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, littleredrider said:

I have a 10 horse one lunger, and when it had recoil, it wasn't too hard to start. It broke years ago, and since has electric start, never used it again lol. But I need to get a new recoil, since can't seem to get a good battery...

What's the issue with the batteries?

What kind of rig is this in?

Pullstart

That’s the second pull start big block Kohler I’ve heard of recently... @Stepney has a 12?

Stepney
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

That’s the second pull start big block Kohler I’ve heard of recently... @Stepney has a 12?

That's right. K301s. I think the magneto is getting tired, that or I just keep getting junk plugs. It'll run real nice, until it doesn't.. basically, if it takes more than 3 pulls, change the plug.. it'll light right up. Rarely have that issue with battery ignition. 
Eventually adding a starter generator, and with that, probably electric ignition. I should be able to fit the pulley and belt right under the recoil, I think. 
Recoil is still black, since it's actually off my 1968 Arctic Cat. The Cat left the house with the blue recoil accidentally:rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 9.16.29 PM.png

Edited by Stepney
  • Like 2

littleredrider
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

What's the issue with the batteries?

What kind of rig is this in?

It’s in the wife’s 520H with the loader. It was a used battery, sits a lot, and is outside not covered. Can’t cover em cause the mice will move in n destroy anything not metal. It could be a draw somewhere but only hooked to starter that’s it. I need to finish it but need my garage with heat!! Was 0 when started the truck to go to work. A regular lawn n garden battery does t have enough butt to start the diesel, so got a lil bigger clone from junkyard. When it’s charged it turns it over like it has no compression lol...

• Like 1