Jump to content
Hotrodhorsebrothers

Question on 1956 RJ35

Recommended Posts

Hotrodhorsebrothers

I had just got an RJ 35 1956 and was doing some work on it and had notice wear the oil seal would go on the gear case cover it does not look like it has a spot for the oil seal. I just thought an old oil seal is in its place but it does not it looks like. Its just cast iron tapered where the oil would go. I know the right side does not have an oil seal. I dont know if some of these RJ's did not come with an oil seal if any one has any knowledge please let me know i am very curious about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
AMC RULES

20210121_143048.jpg.ccbbafbe51368b52918b4a0998c6ccde.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: @Hotrodhorsebrothers!

 

@AMC RULES I wonder if the question is geared more towards the chain case seal, on the inside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
953 nut
5 hours ago, Hotrodhorsebrothers said:

just got an RJ 35 1956 and was doing some work on it

:WRS:

:bow-blue:        The RJ-35 is on many people's bucket list.      Please tell us a bit more about your :wh: and your interest in them.

:wwp:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
gwest_ca

1011 Seal is a SKF/CR 9859 - 1" shaft, 1.503" OD x .188 wide

 

Garry

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Hotrodhorsebrothers
2 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

1011 Seal is a SKF/CR 9859 - 1" shaft, 1.503" OD x .188 wide

 

Garry

ok thank you ill just have to look at it better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Jake Kuhn

If you have a newer rj35 it may have the plate with 3 small screws above the seal you have to remove. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Hotrodhorsebrothers
On 1/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, pullstart said:

:text-welcomeconfetti: @Hotrodhorsebrothers!

 

@AMC RULES I wonder if the question is geared more towards the chain case seal, on the inside?

so some of the cases had an oil seal on the inside of the case ill have to pull mine and have to take a look at it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
pullstart
3 hours ago, Hotrodhorsebrothers said:

so some of the cases had an oil seal on the inside of the case ill have to pull mine and have to take a look at it 


that’s not really what I’m saying.  I was trying to clarify.  Are you looking for an axle seal or the chain case seal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Hotrodhorsebrothers
On 1/24/2021 at 3:25 PM, pullstart said:


that’s not really what I’m saying.  I was trying to clarify.  Are you looking for an axle seal or the chain case seal?

Ok gotcha. I got an axle seal for it but it looks like it has never been machined out to put an oil seal there where it goes its just tapered there. I'll have to take a picture of it so you can see its just different from the others  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...