Rick Ferrucci

Rocker type PTO switch

Rick Ferrucci

Hi everyone,

My PTO/ safety start switch was not working, and I actually have been getting by for the last couple of years, by bypassing it. So lately I’ve been having problems in this circuit, so I decided to take the switch apart, and clean it up, and get it’s contacts all working again. When I was putting this 52 year old switch back together again, it broke for good. 

My question, does anyone know who has a suitable replacement for it? It’s a rocker style DPDT switch, but it’s kinda odd because it only has 4 posts instead of six.  Has anyone else replaced this switch? What did you use? And where did you get it? I see that I save tractors has a toggle type, that might work with some fitting mods. But if you have a better lead on this, please let me know. Thank you for your help.     Rick 

gwest_ca

Do you know the part number of the switch? Or the model number of the tractor.

I don't know if this one is a toggle or rocker.

A 6-terminal switch should work. Each side would use a pair of terminals on opposite ends.

Garry

• Thanks 1

roadapples

AtoZ in the venders section or Ebay 

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Garry

Adding

I see now the pto switch changed in 1970 for the GT-14. The early 8565 was replaced by 100769 for the two later models. I do not know what was different about them. Could simply be the supplier.

• Thanks 1

Rick Ferrucci

Thank you all for your help. So far, I ordered a PTO switch from Isavetractors.com. It’s not a rocker switch but electrically it works the same way, so I’ll see how it goes. I kind of wanted to avoid a toggle switch because I picture my gloves hand knocking it while I’m plowing snow. Oh well, we’ll see. I’m going to see if I can find those switch numbers anyway.

Rick

• Like 1