Gregor

K341

Gregor

I may have a line on a Kohler 16 hp, K341 AQS. $150  I think that's pretty cheap. "Ran When Parked" It would be a lot of fun to rebuild that I think.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

littleredrider

Id say that's a good deal. I have one, but can't remember what I paid for it. I'm putting it in a short frame, pretty much making a bigger version of the 1055. It ticked me off last year and haven't touched it. After all I did to it, think it was the points timing is off, cause no matter what i did it wouldn't fire. Had fuel, spark and compression, but wouldn't fire. It was amusing watching the front end jump up n down while trying to start it lol, lot of mass going up n down!!!! I can't wait to get it going, only "real" experience with Kohlers is an 8 horse in ranger, and I was thoroughly impressed....

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I'd probably buy it.  Getting harder to find and it might need a rebuild or just gas.  AND, if it has the carb, starter, fuel pump and ....

Neat to think you could buy a C-80 and quickly have a C-160.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

YYYEEESSSS

Go get it. 

• Haha 1

Gregor

I was a bit too late. I missed out. What's really disappointing, is what the motor was attached to. :angry-banghead:

Motor and accessories

• Sad 1

RandyLittrell
8 minutes ago, Gregor said:

I was a bit too late. I missed out. What's really disappointing, is what the motor was attached to. :angry-banghead:

Motor and accessories

Yup, while you were posting, somebody else was buying!  Been there, done that!! I have learned my lesson on those deals.

Those are hard to come by around here! 

Randy

Gregor

When I contacted him, he told me someone else had first crack at it. I figured I was doomed then.

• Like 2

Gregor

FOR SALE! One wife,  CHEAP!  I told my wife about the Kohler motor I missed out on. She said........What are you going to do with another motor?  I said, I may not do anything with it, just have it. It's like your nic-nacs in the house. They aren't good for anything, you just look at them. She said......Oh, kind-a like you huh?  :angry-fire:

• Haha 4

i saw that too and thought it was a good deal.  i figured it would go fast

• Like 1

Handy Don
7 hours ago, Gregor said:

FOR SALE! One wife,  CHEAP!  I told my wife about the Kohler motor I missed out on. She said........What are you going to do with another motor?  I said, I may not do anything with it, just have it. It's like your nic-nacs in the house. They aren't good for anything, you just look at them. She said......Oh, kind-a like you huh?  :angry-fire:

You are a lucky dude to be with someone that can think that quickly and dish it right up! Partners like that don't grow on trees. 

• Like 1

Gregor

Yes   I did get very lucky. I will be the first to admit it. :thumbs:

• Heart 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Handy Don said:

You are a lucky dude to be with someone that can think that quickly and dish it right up! Partners like that don't grow on trees. 

1 hour ago, Gregor said:

Me too. 

@Handy Don Trina grew up CLIMBING trees. Does that count?? 

Handy Don
16 hours ago, Gregor said:

14 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Trina grew up CLIMBING trees. Does that count?? 

As long as she thought it was a cool idea or just seemed like fun, then it sure does!

My son and I were discussing life partnerships when he had begun dating his now wife. After hearing out my thoughts, he observed: "So what you're saying is that you need someone who punches at your weight." Yep.

• Heart 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

As long as she thought it was a cool idea or just seemed like fun, then it sure does!

My son and I were discussing life partnerships when he had begun dating his now wife. After hearing out my thoughts, he observed: "So what you're saying is that you need someone who punches at your weight." Yep.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment behind that although her punching skill might be slightly above mine. Or most.

I've often thought that we met in the best possible way which is that neither one of us was looking or for that matter even wanted anything to do with dating. 

• Like 1