ti-jean

Onan p216g bizzar at idel

ti-jean

hi yesturday bizzar issue begin on h516 engine onan p216g at full throtel the engine revolution is ok but at idel it is same if the engine was on one cylinder my question it is possible the problemecomevforvthe igntion coil or what  thank also happy new years to all 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

It could very well be, the Onan fires both cylinders at the same time whether its on compression or exhaust stroke of the given cylinder. Do you have a copy of the Onan Service Manual?

ti-jean

no noting at all where to get the work manual 

thank 

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, ti-jean said:

no noting at all where to get the work manual 

thank 

• Thanks 1

lynnmor

A good place to start is to pull the spark plugs and see if they appear about the same.  We can help you thru this, but first follow the troubleshooting in the manual, then report what you have found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ti-jean

compression was good my friend told me the problem was the spark plug and since i have this wheel horse 516-h 2001 i never check the valve adjustement now witch cylinder is no 1 il check in service manual but they dont tell nothing of witch is the no 1 or 2 and from witch one i aft to adjust first   thank's 

Edited by ti-jean

lynnmor
3 hours ago, ti-jean said:

compression was good my friend told me the problem was the spark plug and since i have this wheel horse 516-h 2001 i never check the valve adjustement now witch cylinder is no 1 il check in service manual but they dont tell nothing of witch is the no 1 or 2 and from witch one i aft to adjust first   thank's 

There is no need to know which is number one.

To adjust a valve pick one and rotate the engine till that valve if fully open.  Now mark the position with chalk on the inner pulley.  Next, turn the engine one full turn (close is good enough) and adjust that valve.  Do this 3 more times and you are done, just be sure you know which is exhaust and which is intake.

This method will work on nearly all 4 cycle engines ever produced.  The manual has you doing things to supposedly save a few seconds of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1