Maxwell-8

Remote start WH

Roger R

I would also have to just ask why?  I suppose since "the fun in in the building" mostly.  I have a Ford Edge with remote and it's great in very cold or hot days to have a reasonable temperature when ready to go.  However my latest portable generator has a remote start, but it is basically useless. I still have to transfer the load, and you need to switch on the ignition / control before starting, to say nothing about oil level check etc.  R/E the choke issue, I had another small generator with a pull start. The choke linkage broke, but the choke still worked. The problem was it would default to open when not running and suck closed as the air intake into the carb started.  always thought I could maybe reverse the butterfly and bingo! an automatic choke. Instead the procedure was to hold it shut while pulling the rope, then a bit of electrical tape to hold it open while running.  That was over 12 years ago and my son who has it now  at last check was still using the "redneck" choke.

Tractorhead

A Genny is not really comparable to a remotestarting Tracta.

A remote Start solution can be solved in different Way‘s that‘s not a big Deal.

However 

I tweaked Several moons ago my Iveco Truck, a 3,5To.Truck.

Normally i allways take Care to shift the Gear in Idle, and it was funny to see if too curious peoples look inside, 

to start it remotely.

One day i forgot in a hurdle to put the gear in idle , my own Quadbike sat behind the Truck and gearbox was still in Reverse....

Luckily my Quadbike was the only Vehicle between the Truck and a Concrete Wall.

That was my own experiences.

I simply forgot ahead to implement an Gearbox Idle check.

It can be solved with a idle Gearswitch for start release, but in that Timeline i don‘t think that far ahead on this Construction.

Result was a completely damaged Quadbike, a damaged rear on my Truck and few scratches on the concrete Wall.

Luckily no person was injured on this Action.

So i learned my lesson the Hard away.