Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

Brake Linkage / Band Help

71_Bronco

Working on my Lawn Ranger yesterday, and pulled off the brake band. The liner was very thin in one spot, and practically fell right out with a tiny push.

Got the new liner siliconed into place, and was looking at the linkages.

The rod that goes through the brake band (part #147 in the diagram) is worn where it passes through the band.

I tried to take it all apart to replace that part, but no luck. I tried taking out the cross pin, but ended up breaking my skinny punch and barely moved the pin.

What im curious about, is the placement of the parts. Per the diagram, part 101 and 147 should go in from the outside, with the cotter pin between the arm (part 158) and the frame. Mine are reversed, with the pins on the outside.

Also, my brake rod goes into the top hole, whereas the band rod is shown in the top hole.

I'll take a pic later this morning to clarify what im taking about and how its different.

Could anybody else check their set up and see if im crazy? My tractor is a '62 Lawn Ranger 32R.

Thanks!

20210117_073323.jpg

Edited by 71_Bronco

71_Bronco

Here's a pic of my linkage. Pretty much backwards in every way compared to the picture. Still works fine though.

I also attached a picture of the worn part #147. However, I can't replace it unless I get the cast arm off, and I already failed at that (couldn't get the cross pin out).

Thoughts?

20210117_110021.jpg

20210117_110039.jpg