71_Bronco

Lift Handle Bushing

71_Bronco

Working on my Lawn Ranger tonight, and had some issues. Got some stuff done and failed at others.

One thing I need, is the little bushing that goes into the end of the lift handle. I believe the part number is 3578.

Is there a better bushing than the stamped sheet metal piece?

I also need a new grip, part number 1000, which I believe Lowel has on his site.

Thanks

oliver2-44

Partstree shows 3578 as discontinued.  I wonder if you could find a flanged brass bushing with the right ID/OD

• Like 2

71_Bronco

OD would be 13/16 from what I could measure (using a tape measure), ID would be in the 3/8 area, maybe a little bigger.

I waa going to check out mcmaster, see if I could come up with something.

On a side note, I miss working in a machine shop and being able to use their lathes / bridgeports for little side projects on my lunch break

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Weld or braze a 3/8" nut to a 3/8" SAE flat washer and drill out the threads?

• Like 2

peter lena

71BRONCO,  do you have a local true value or ace hardware store near you ?  they have a small pullout drawer section , with hundreds of small parts and fittings , the last entry by gwest, describes similar bushings that i have seen in that small drawer section , worth a trip, ask , and show what you want , for help , pete

Kenneth R Cluley

Bunting is brand name, flanged bearing is type, many variables for size and amount of flange. Ace or Mcmaster will have numerous options. even have nylon.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
14 hours ago, 71_Bronco said:

On a side note, I miss working in a machine shop and being able to use their lathes / bridgeports for little side projects on my lunch break

Same here 13 years where I learned the trade then 14 months at another( thought I was bettering myself but management was worse than the place I left) now I'm just a lowly Quality Inspector for someone else's machined parts good money but I definitely miss making something out of nothing or making something that I designed and needed for myself.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 3