Jhook

Front mount mower deck help

Jhook

I just got my front mount carrier in, its complete other than 1 missing wheel which doesn't matter, and the 2nd idler pulley is missing(circled in pic) does anyone know what this part is call or where i can find one? Also for you guys that run out front mowing decks, how is the belt tensioned? Thanks in advance. This will be going on a 2007 315-8 identical to all other 300s except for the electric pto. 

Screenshot_20210115-202551_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210112-132953_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210112-133003_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

Jhook

I looked closer at my pic from google, the part thats circled IS the tensioner. So that's all i need. Anyone have a part number, or one for sale. Im not sure if its specific to this attachment or used for others as well. 

squonk

You need that other wheel. You are supposed to take the wheels on the deck off. The wheels on the carrier are used for the cutting height.

Jhook
11 hours ago, squonk said:

You need that other wheel. You are supposed to take the wheels on the deck off. The wheels on the carrier are used for the cutting height.

I need to get both, the one it came with is messed up. So i will def do that, i also heard that the rods set the height, and the wheels stay in the air and only contact on uneven surface? Also if you have one, how are they on hills and such, can the front articulate on transitions from flat ground to hills? Do you leave the short pins in that keep it from folding ?

squonk

I used to have one. I didn't know it wouldn't work with a RD deck which I have. I sold it to @pfrederi