RandyLittrell

new tires, wheels, and weights

RandyLittrell

I picked up a sweet deal this morning, some tires, wheels and weights!   The tires and wheels are Carlyle 27x12-12 on 12x11 wheels. The weights appear to be an aftermarket kind I think. They weight 64 pounds each and I got the whole lot for $150. My plan is put these tires on my GT-14. 

Anyone know anything about these weights? I found some similar ones with a google search at a JD place. They said they would fit on JD 400's but were not JD weights. They look the same except for the casting #. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=garden+tractor+wheel+weights&tbm=isch&chips=q:garden+tractor+wheel+weights,g_1:cast+iron:QqNZIbmOm-0%3D&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjnvoXa05TuAhXPi60KHQXAD9oQ4lYoAHoECAEQGQ&biw=1571&bih=759#imgrc=f5ev2qUhwS21QM

I stuck them on my cub when I got home just to see how they look. They are big! They are almost 27" tall and a little over 12" wide. I am thinking they would get a little taller on a little narrower wheel. Maybe 10" instead of 11" 

Randy

20210111_122452.jpg

20210111_132045_HDR.jpg

20210111_132028.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Those weights are sure some kind of rugged looking.

Any markings or stamps or anything like that on them of any kind? The shape of them does not look familiar to me but I haven't been doing this very long...

Some super wicked tread on those tires. Make sure you double check the load rating on them.

Excellent deal sir. You've done well.

• Like 2

RandyLittrell
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Those weights are sure some kind of rugged looking.

Any markings or stamps or anything like that on them of any kind? The shape of them does not look familiar to me but I haven't been doing this very long...

Some super wicked tread on those tires. Make sure you double check the load rating on them.

Excellent deal sir. You've done well.

They have a casting number of 615 and they appear to have always been red or maybe case orange. Hard to tell, did a little grinding on the inside and just a faint bit of orange, but that could be faded red too. Or even a primer. 130 lbs for $50 is a deal I will take all day though. I didn't look at the load rating, just assumed they were 6 ply like most of those, but you what happens when we assume!!

Just the wheels are worth the $100 I paid and I could always sell the tires and get my money back and then some. 

Randy

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Agreed. Hard to lose at those prices.

I've read that ATV tires are more rugged than tractor tires but I know from personal research that is not the case.

ATV or UTV, tires available for those vary up and down just like they do for cars trucks and tractors.

• Like 2

Stepney

Wide weights for the front of an old wide-rim Case industrial, maybe? Just spitballing.. never seen that shape exactly before.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
16 minutes ago, Stepney said:

Wide weights for the front of an old wide-rim Case industrial, maybe? Just spitballing.. never seen that shape exactly before.

They are made for 12" wheels so not sure about the Case tractor. A JD site has some for sale and said they will fit JD 400's and others but that they are not JD's. 

http://www.jimsrepairjimstractors.com/tractor-weight.htm

wheel-weights-cast-iron-70lb.jpg

• Like 1

WHX??

Believe those might be the same ones on a raider plow mule I have ... I have no idea where they came from @Rp.wh had them. 

20180627_201136.jpg.287a5da2c6922fea40f93cf1add04699.jpg

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
1 minute ago, WHX24 said:

Believe those might be the same ones on a raider plow mule I have ... I have no idea where they came from @Rp.wh had them. 

20180627_201136.jpg.287a5da2c6922fea40f93cf1add04699.jpg

Yes they do look the same. Mine has pretty rough casting and I will fill some holes before I paint them. 

Randy

DennisThornton
2 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

I picked up a sweet deal this morning, some tires, wheels and weights!   The tires and wheels are Carlyle 27x12-12 on 12x11 wheels. The weights appear to be an aftermarket kind I think. They weight 64 pounds each and I got the whole lot for $150. My plan is put these tires on my GT-14. 

Anyone know anything about these weights? I found some similar ones with a google search at a JD place. They said they would fit on JD 400's but were not JD weights. They look the same except for the casting #. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=garden+tractor+wheel+weights&tbm=isch&chips=q:garden+tractor+wheel+weights,g_1:cast+iron:QqNZIbmOm-0%3D&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjnvoXa05TuAhXPi60KHQXAD9oQ4lYoAHoECAEQGQ&biw=1571&bih=759#imgrc=f5ev2qUhwS21QM

I stuck them on my cub when I got home just to see how they look. They are big! They are almost 27" tall and a little over 12" wide. I am thinking they would get a little taller on a little narrower wheel. Maybe 10" instead of 11" 

Randy

I just got a great deal on tires, wheels and weights but you did even better!  Quite the deal at double the price!

• Thanks 1

Mikey the Monkey

I have same ones. Generic weights found on many brands. 

Screenshot_2021-01-11-18-21-31.png

• Thanks 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Mikey the Monkey said:

I have same ones. Generic weights found on many brands. 

Screenshot_2021-01-11-18-21-31.png

Hey there we go.  

Mike can those be bought new or are they from days gone by?

WHX??

Good question EB ......they are heavy but bolt up nicely to horse rims. I busted one just getting them off and back on to swap rims and hub work. I'd havta say you did fair Randy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RandyLittrell
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Mike can those be bought new or are they from days gone by?

Looks like you have to put in your zip code to find a dealer. 

https://taylorfoundry.com/tractor-weights/wheel-weights/

Randy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1