MoneyBagz
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Super cool. 

Do have a plan for weights and chains?

I got chains from him. He didnt have weights though

Edited by MoneyBagz
  • Like 1

MoneyBagz

Ok guys.. I'm not seeing anything from the manuals to help me. And seems like I can't find too much info on c120's.

But I been banging my head with the belt that goes from engine to the trans diff. I measured the one I took off it. It was 5/8 ×82 3/4. So I go myself a 5/8×82 belt. Its way too tight. So I bought a 5/8 ×84 and that is way too loose. From what I read it should take the 82. I don't see any adjustments for the pulleys. I don't know what I missing. Any help would be helpful or pictures of the assembly of the clutch and tensioner. 

Edited by MoneyBagz
Misspelled

76c12091520h

Do yourself a favor and get an OEM Toro / Wheel Horse drive belt , # 7473 (new # 93-9808). It measures 81.95" long, section 5L (21/32" wide x 3/8" tall) . Some people have good luck with aftermarket drive belts, others not so much. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, 76c12091520h said:

Do yourself a favor and get an OEM Toro / Wheel Horse drive belt , # 7473 (new # 93-9808). It measures 81.95" long, section 5L (21/32" wide x 3/8" tall) . Some people have good luck with aftermarket drive belts, others not so much. 

:text-yeahthat:

Do some searching online and you'll find the OE belt at a comparable price to aftermarket. 

Rusty Tinsnips
15 hours ago, MoneyBagz said:

So I go myself a 5/8×82 belt. Its way too tight.

I ran around all over town one day buying 82 inch belts. 1 out of 4 ( one came from the internet) actually measured 82 inches, the rest were all short.

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Rusty Tinsnips said:

I ran around all over town one day buying 82 inch belts. 1 out of 4 ( one came from the internet) actually measured 82 inches, the rest were all short.

My memory is not perfect but I don't recall ever seeing a complaint about a Wheelhorse/ Toro belt. 

Look around online for just a few minutes and you can find o e belts around the same price as aftermarket or even less. 

76c12091520h

OE belts on hand 20 minutes south of you.

20200425_002159[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

MoneyBagz

Haven't messed with the tractor yet but I did get my deck last weekend. It needs some tlc. But I need to get my all my belts now, blades, the clutch plates, and rear wheels for the deck.

20210327_154143.jpg

• Like 1

Jeff-C175

Looks pretty solid!  Wonder what these extra holes are for?

image.png.8eaa697d1aceba5a91b6279c4a514a37.png

pfrederi
18 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Looks pretty solid!  Wonder what these extra holes are for?

image.png.8eaa697d1aceba5a91b6279c4a514a37.png

Hole at this end is for the spindle grease fitting.  The double extra hole were so the shell could be use on wider frame tractors like GT-14 and D series.

• Thanks 1

Jeff-C175
39 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Hole at this end is for the spindle grease fitting

So this model doesn't have the grease fittings on top of the spindle shaft then as my 48MS01 does.  Thanks!  lernt sumpin taday!

pfrederi
2 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

So this model doesn't have the grease fittings on top of the spindle shaft then as my 48MS01 does.  Thanks!  lernt sumpin taday!

The old design was much better as the center spindle fitting could be easily accessed and didn't get mashed by the lift.

• Like 1

MoneyBagz

Well I have the deck tore down to free everything up and possibly repaint it. I also put my order in for everything I need to run the deck. Brain from K And B horse parts hooked me up with it all. Can't wait to pick the parts up and start putting it back together.  

Other note is I did get a new rectifier and amp gauge. I think it came out great.

20210228_181008.jpg

20210228_183822.jpg

• Like 2

MoneyBagz

Well I got some of the deck redone. Its not a perfect deck by far. But will look somewhat nice to get the job done. Between my buddy helping out and Brain from K and B Horse Parts. Its getting done pretty quick. 

20210424_140316.jpg

20210424_111311.jpg

Resized_20210405_182501.jpeg

Edited by MoneyBagz
  • Like 3

Thor27

Probably could use a shift boot too. Big help to keep water out of the trans if it ever sits outside.

• Like 1

Thor27

sorry, double post. Nice tractor

Edited by Thor27
double post

MoneyBagz
13 hours ago, Thor27 said:

Probably could use a shift boot too. Big help to keep water out of the trans if it ever sits outside.

It stays in my garage.  Lol. 

• Like 1

MoneyBagz

Did get my carb, fuel pump, clutch disk and a actual toro belt on the tractor last night. 

20210424_203753.jpg

• Like 3

oliver2-44

Interesting that you have a standard transmission. The Kohler spec # on you tractor comes up as 
“Toro 61-16KS03, C-160 Automatic Tractor, 1976 KOHLER 12 H.P. ENGINE K301S, SPEC 47421D”. The Kohler Serial number comes up as a 1976.  Of course who knows what past owners have swapped over the years

oliver2-44

Interesting that you have a standard transmission. The Kohler spec # on you tractor comes up as 
“Toro 61-16KS03, C-160 Automatic Tractor, 1976 KOHLER 12 H.P. ENGINE K301S, SPEC 47421D”. The Kohler Serial number comes up as a 1976.  Of course who knows what past owners have swapped over the years

MoneyBagz
22 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Yea.. I have no clue what the previous owner before my father in law has done to the tractor. Prolly why I had to make blocks for the rear in order to make the plow work.

20210213_165711.jpg

20210213_184201.jpg

Edited by MoneyBagz

oliver2-44

@MoneyBagz am I seeing that your plow is hard bolted to the rear axle. They typically attached with a rear bracket like pictured below
image.jpeg.98312720e6fb966219dc34fc6432798b.jpeg
Of course if it works, it works. 

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

your plow is hard bolted to the rear axle

I was wondering about that too....

How's the tension on your clutch?

That spring isn't stock. Looks like it has less pullback. 

MoneyBagz

I had to put it that way. The lever to angle the blade was hitting my foot rest.  As for the spring thats what was on it when I got it. Seems to work also.

• Like 1