ClassicTractorProfessor

Got some parts in the mail today

ClassicTractorProfessor

As some of you may already know my blue Chevy 3/4 ton has been down since September with a blown head gasket. Has been on the back of my mind to fix it since then, but since we bought the 99 Suburban from my parents it had kind of gotten pushed to the back of the priority list. That is until the day after Christmas when we were headed to town after oil/filter for the M, when the Suburban decided to start knocking out of the blue. We limped it back to the house but something is definitely seriously wrong inside. So it’s out on dead row now until we can afford to put a new engine in it. That pushed old blue back to the top of the list as I was left without a vehicle to drive to work every day.

Ordered these gaskets Sunday night, with my luck in shipping times lately was expecting at least a weeks wait if not longer. So was really surprised when I came home to find this box on my porch this evening. Hoping to tear into her this weekend. 

E10383D8-C408-4ACA-A06C-CB85C711EFA7.jpeg

DB1F083F-CF7A-42E3-89B5-6FCAEE641A7D.jpeg

28BEE183-15AF-4BDE-8590-DAB8D95462E2.jpeg

65610016-4B10-4962-8A61-520F88845487.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

Hope it goes well!!! 

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Daddy Don

Professor with all you know why not start a shop at your house then you would not need something to drive to work you would already be there. Just kidding. Good luck with the job this weekend. Heck of a way to start off the new year. Be careful and let us know how you make out with the overhaul. Happy New Year.:confusion-confused:   

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor
7 minutes ago, Daddy Don said:

Professor with all you know why not start a shop at your house then you would not need something to drive to work you would already be there. Just kidding. Good luck with the job this weekend. Heck of a way to start off the new year. Be careful and let us know how you make out with the overhaul. Happy New Year.:confusion-confused:   

That thought crosses my mind on a daily basis, and trust me if I had a shop out here at the farm (or the funds to build one) I would have done it months ago. Seems like more and more I’m stuck being a one man operation at work, if a guy is gonna work by himself he might as well work FOR himself.  I’m sure there will be plenty of photos and a write up once I tear into it. 

• Like 5

ebinmaine

Luck to ya Bryce. 

If you want to work for yourself do a few side jobs. 

Word of mouth is the best mode of advertising...

Don't forget pics of the engine work. You know how we all are....

:lol:

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Luck to ya Bryce. 

If you want to work for yourself do a few side jobs. 

Word of mouth is the best mode of advertising...

Don't forget pics of the engine work. You know how we all are....

:lol:

I actually do a quite a few side jobs on evenings and weekends, and I’d guess that probably 80% of our customers here at the shop would follow me to wherever I went, whether it be another shop or my own. The only thing holding me back is the lack of a suitable building to work in. I have been talking to a guy here in town about the possibility of renting to own his old service station and parts store. Mostly wanted it to work on my own projects but it very well could end up being a full time job 

• Like 3

Achto

I used parts from  Enginetech on the 4.7L engine that I just rebuilt. I was very happy with their products. Hope all goes well for you. 

• Like 3