Sign in to follow this  
plowmaster

69 or 70 vertical shaft b+s mower

plowmaster

what is it? the fella didnt know the numbers off the tractor itself, but he swears its an 8 horse vertical shaft briggs, just wondering what it might be so i could do a little research before i go to look at it. he also says everything is original.

when did wheel horse start to use vertical shaft engines? would this mower be built like my a-100, i.e. stamped steel frame? or would it look like my charger 12? i just dont know.

im going to the picture section to see if i cant find an old vertical shafter in there somwheres, as always thanks in advance for any help!

Jim_M

Go to the photo gallery and look at the pictures of the Commando V's and Charger V's. Sounds like that's what the guy has.

mcwh1950

it could be a 1974 a-90 model number 2-4300

here are some picture from ebay

a90.jpg

a90.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

plowmaster

yes, but could it be a v8? when did wh get with b+s motors? he swears its all original, ill know tomorrow. ill proly pay too too much just cause its a horse.

plowmaster

it could be a 1974 a-90 model number 2-4300

here are some picture from ebay

a90.jpg

a90.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

that thing looks straight up and down like my a-100, as soon as i find the serial ill know what year it is. mines bigger though, and aint got quite the shine yours got.

thats a good lookin little mower, my buddy was tryin to get me to trade his new deere mower for my recently purchaced a-100, mainly because mine started easier and has better manuverability. ha ha.