WHNerd

GT 14 Transmission Slipping?

WHNerd

My 1969 GT-14 seems to have a problem with the transmission.  Whether the hydro is hot or cold, when I start to move, the transmission will seem to change gears but I don't notice any faster ground speed.  There is certainly a little pause and then it's ok.  Once i stop the tractor, shut off engine, wait 5 to 10 minutes, restart and go, the same thing happens.  Thanks in advance.   

Jeff-C175

My '80 175 (eaton 1100) has always done the same thing since I've owned it some 25 years now.

I read up on the reason but never went further with it and decided to just live with it and remember when starting out to start slow and let it catch up before advancing the control further.

Did yours just start doing this or has it always? 

WHNerd

I have had the tractor about 6 years, but it started to do the "shifting" thing after I changed tranny oil about 2 years ago.

I change oil and filter every year.  I use 10w-30 oil.

briankd

I just acquired my first hydro a c 145 and my old WH dealer told me let it idle a minute or two before moving he described  the same thing you 2 fellows talking about if you don't let it idle a bit . also said to keep the oil changed yearly

Edited by briankd