Stormin

Christmas Greetings.

roadapples

Have a great Christmas everyone...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

WHNJ701
3 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Nice looking set.  Late 50's or early 60's?

Does the Rock Island locomotive have Magnetraction?  Two or 3 position e-unit?  All my Lionel reference books are still at our 'alternate location' in another state.

Unfortunately I am not to knowledge about trains, I pieced the train set together buying random cool looking ones.  We have a 1950s house, we do 50s/atomic Christmas theme.  Lots of shiny brite ornaments

Edited by jabelman

953 nut

Our fur babies want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a much better New Year!

1374179334_catsatchristmas.jpg.5ebe2a6db277bbf6b33ca97d80697a5e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

8ntruck
10 minutes ago, jabelman said:

Unfortunately I am not to knowledge about trains, I pieced the train set together buying random cool looking ones.  We have a 1950s house, we do 50s/atomic Christmas theme.  Lots of shiny brite ornaments

You made good choices on the train.  I've got a large collection of Lionel trains ranging from a few pieces made before 1920 to current production pieces.

Electric trains at Christmas time are a good tradition.

50's atomic Christmas theme.  Interesting.  Those visions are part of my childhood memories.  Do you have the aluminum Christmas tree decorated with ornaments all the same color, and the rotary color light wheel?

We ran across a period aluminum tree at a rummage sale, and the color wheel at an antique shop several years back.  We've had fun using it for family events and used it in a museum display at the local MKT depot. 

• Like 1

8ntruck
2 hours ago, slim67 said:

Ive got a Sante Fe set with Alcos instead of EMDs. 212 is the road number and its got an ABA pulling a Santa Fe passenger consist . The locomotive didn't work when I got the set, which I knew. I need a donor locomotive chassis and good O27 track and Ill be in business .image.png.3cfd27ad720fe7556638272f4104c8d4.png

That looks like an early 60's locomotive.  Lionel locomotives of that era are like Wheel Horses - parts are easy to obtain, and they are pretty easy to repair. 

Look up the Classic Toy Trains forum.  It is very similar to this one.  Lots of good folks at that forum are knowledgeable and helpful.  Let me know if you decide to join that forum - I am a member three, though have not been very active lately.  Is would be a better place to help you get that train running than this forum.

I've got a collection of Lionel trains that range from just before 1920 to current production pieces.

8ntruck
3 hours ago, slim67 said:

Ive got a Sante Fe set with Alcos instead of EMDs. 212 is the road number and its got an ABA pulling a Santa Fe passenger consist . The locomotive didn't work when I got the set, which I knew. I need a donor locomotive chassis and good O27 track and Ill be in business .image.png.3cfd27ad720fe7556638272f4104c8d4.png

Sorry folks.  Something went sideways, and I ended up with a double post.  Better than losing the post altogether, I guess.

That looks like an early 60's locomotive.  Lionel locomotives of that era are like Wheel Horses - parts are easy to obtain, and they are pretty easy to repair. 

Look up the Classic Toy Trains forum.  It is very similar to this one.  Lots of good folks at that forum are knowledgeable and helpful.  Let me know if you decide to join that forum - I am a member there, though have not been very active lately.  Is would be a better place to help you get that train running than this forum.

I've got a collection of Lionel trains that range from just before 1920 to current production pieces.

Edited by 8ntruck

SylvanLakeWH

Our Christmas Train... Given to us on our son’s First Christmas 22 years ago!!!

Still going strong...

59E093BC-97AF-4FCE-AC64-E60920E64675.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 4

WHX??
18 hours ago, JCM said:

They say it's made from Milwaukee river water Plunger... the place wher all the toilets flush to...:lol::beer:

Santa on a tractor says :text-merryxmas:  everyone! :occasion-xmas:

20201224_164001.jpg

• Like 7
  • Heart 1

Gregor

Merry Christmas :occasion-santa: to everyone, and although I'm not exactly sure what it is, Happy Boxing Day:occasion-gift: to out northern neighbors. :canada:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

JCM

Iv'e been awake all night patiently awaiting your reply, I thought your response was going to be something to do with horses.      :hilarious:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1