Sign in to follow this  
Richard England

Hydro Motor o-ring request

Richard England

Working on a D-160.

Does anyone know what the dash number for O-ring on page 60/62, Item #82, Part# 200205     (O-RING-9004175-0001)

It's a 25 cent o-ring that they want $20 for and who know how long to deliver it.  I can except $5, but at some point you have to say no.

Edited by Richard England
  • Sad 1

pfrederi

Wish I knew.  i have figured how to convert WH O ring #s to Dash but this is a Sunstrand #.  Tomorrow I will see if I have one in a parts hydro that I can measure...

• Like 1

Richard England

Pfrederi, earlier I saw your pinned post about o-ring sizes and I did not notice that the part number has the dash size in it.   So it's a -205.  Thanks

pfrederi

I am not sure about the Sunstrand unique numbers Is it a square profile or round.??? these are 205 dimensions

o rings.JPG

Richard England

Funny thing is that I don't recall removing an o-ring from there.  And I don't think one in that location will make any difference.  That said I will pick up a pack of the square cut ones and then I put it back together I can see which one fits better.

For the backup o-ring used on the manifold, in the past I have used the contoured backup rings, because they sit nicer on the o-ring.  Do you think I should use the square cut split ones instead? 

image.png.e56672afabe7a40b5adc6ce83e6a9cfa.pngimage.png.8f09718fb2a2e8b9dc7541c79405b05f.png

pfrederi

I use the backer rings.  If you need any PM your address i will send  you some.

• Excellent 1

Richard England

The O-ring on page 60/62, Item #82, Part# 200205 is not a -205.  A dash 205 is too small to allow the motor shaft through.  

The space between the centering pilot and the motor shaft is too large to use any size o-ring.  Also any oil that leaks from the case through the motor shaft should be minimal and will just drip into the tank (trans).

If i ever have to rebuild my D200 I will pay more attention during the disassembly.