DennisThornton

Bolens Group?

DennisThornton

There's a Bolens group on Groups.io but it's no longer very active and I've not found an active group.  Anyone here know of one?

Any Bolens fans near Plattsburgh NY?

WHNJ701

Not really sure how to answer this one.  I think there might be few groups left.  I found the bolens groups kinda unhelpful with providing info and parts, it was like a who you knew and what parts you had to offer them before they might open the door.

Seemed to be alot double standards with parts pricing too.

I searched alot of old forum articles, and tracking down parts got interesting and creative.  Some of the old stuff was used in other applications.  Some stuff I had to make, like the elusive belt guard.  

• Like 3

Stepney
17 minutes ago, jabelman said:

Not really sure how to answer this one.  I think there might be few groups left.  I found the bolens groups kinda unhelpful with providing info and parts, it was like a who you knew and what parts you had to offer them before they might open the door.

Seemed to be alot double standards with parts pricing too.

I searched alot of old forum articles, and tracking down parts got interesting and creative.  Some of the old stuff was used in other applications.  Some stuff I had to make, like the elusive belt guard.  

So I'm not the only one..?

Facebook has ended a lot of the old forums. SmokStak still has a garden tractor forum for all brands with a wide coverage, but otherwise .. RedSquare is the only one that seems to have survived so far. OnlyCubCadets, MTF, the two Bolens forums, as well as Jacobsen/Ford/Minneapolis have all pretty much dried up. 

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I think we've been spoiled on this forum where no Wheel Horse question goes unanswered and that alone just about screams "Only buy Wheel Horses!"!

But I like the old Sears, Cubs and now Bolens and I'd take several others and I suppose that I hope some of the members here do too!

• Like 3

Stepney
3 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

I think we've been spoiled on this forum where no Wheel Horse question goes unanswered and that alone just about screams "Only buy Wheel Horses!"!

But I like the old Sears, Cubs and now Bolens and I'd take several others and I suppose that I hope some of the members here do too!

I could very near cover Hank Snow 'I Been Everywhere' with tractor brands.. I've had tons of oddballs. 

Actually its funny, because a running joke with me and a fellow tractor nut .. Oliver guy actually who has a few old Bolens, always did say most of that group is ... difficult, to deal with. I've had several. Gave up on the forums and turned to the iron piles and old parts books. Found it easier to simply figure it out myself then to even try asking. 

Very different atmosphere here to be sure..

• Like 3

WHNJ701

I wouldn't get discouraged.  Forums in general are going away for a variety of reasons.

I will admit it,  my collection is only about 20% wheel horse.  This is the only forum I post on.  Even for other brands I think most questions get answered on here, a majority of them are engine related questions anyway so it's relevant.  

• Like 1

pacer

What about - https://gardentractortalk.com/forums/forum/4-bolens-tractor-forum/

I dont follow it but they do seem to have a pretty decent following,

I'm a MF fan with a couple of them and I follow their site on them. The MF site dont hold a candle to this site but ... theyve bailed me out several times.

DennisThornton
10 minutes ago, pacer said:

What about - https://gardentractortalk.com/forums/forum/4-bolens-tractor-forum/

I dont follow it but they do seem to have a pretty decent following,

I'm a MF fan with a couple of them and I follow their site on them. The MF site dont hold a candle to this site but ... theyve bailed me out several times.

I'm familiar with that site.  I'll dig in a little deeper.

Thanks!

SylvanLakeWH

Not in to any other brand, but just an observation: This is the only site I go to for a pretty simple reason - no crap. Nice members and answers to all questions quickly and politely. Seems to me the “Other Brands” section here on Red Square can fit the bill for pretty much any Q’s...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

JoeM

HT20 on FB 2300 Might be a group over there, not sure don't have any of those machines.

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

• Like 3

DennisThornton
15 minutes ago, JoeM said:

HT20 on FB 2300 Might be a group over there, not sure don't have any of those machines.

Facebook is not my first choice but beggars can't be...

• Like 1