Pullstart

I have a teenager!

Pullstart

I love you, my long haired hippy kid!

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

rjg854

Quite the milestone, Kevin, wish her a Happy Borned on day from me :banana-dreads:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Just... :hide: now and come out when they are both in their mid-20’s... :ychain:

Great stuff!!! Enjoy!

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

formariz

Happy Birthday Jada:occasion-cake:

The last photo says it all. She is slowly slipping away from you..

Edited by formariz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Shynon

Happy Birthday Jada :occasion-cake:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, formariz said:

Happy Birthday Jada:occasion-cake:

The last photo says it all. She is slowly slipping away from you..

I know what you mean, though it’s sad to realize.  In two weeks, I’ll be officiating a wedding for my youngest sister in law.  She’s 23.  Jada’s closer to the possibility of being married than her birth!

2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Just... :hide: now and come out when they are both in their mid-20’s... :ychain:

Great stuff!!! Enjoy!

5 years ago, I made the choice to hang up a very successful career to own a business scheduled around homeschooling my girls. The way I figure, they’ll always love me.  There will be a time they no longer like me.  I am holding that front as long as I can, but see the changes coming soon.  

• Like 1
  • Heart 3

formariz
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

5 years ago, I made the choice to hang up a very successful career to own a business scheduled around homeschooling my girls. The way I figure, they’ll always love me.  There will be a time they no longer like me.  I am holding that front as long as I can, but see the changes coming soon.

Most today don't make the time to properly raise and educate their children and home schooling would just be unthinkable. Too busy with careers, jobs, etc. Raising and educating ones children is mostly left to others, themselves and sadly to TV ,Social Media and other similar venues. Raising children is just like sculpting. You have a vision of what that sculpture should look like and you work at it slowly, always thinking ahead of the next step trying to avoid mistakes and always perfecting the end result. It takes lots of time and effort. There is no quick or easy way about it. To the dedicated sculptor the job is never finished, but rather sooner or later someone takes it away. Be proud of the choice you made, they will always remember that you were there for them. You will always have the knowledge, satisfaction and peace of mind that you did the right thing. No career or amount of money could ever give you that. You will know that every time they look into your eyes.

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Mickwhitt

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADA!!!

Enjoy your special day and have a wonderful time.

As a side note, from the title, I thought Kev had been on a picking trip and found himself another bargain! 😅

I can just imagine him driving in saying "Hey honey, look what I got us"

What did you buy her by the way, more safety flip flops?  😉

• Haha 1

Tractorhead

Happy Birthday Jada,

Enjoy the next step in your life. May it become fantastic !

🎁 🎉 🎂

Stormin
9 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Mid 40's more like. Don't ask!

Wish her all the best from :UK: for me, Kevin.

• Haha 1

rjg854

If you raise them right Kevin, even as teenagers, can be good years.  Course now, I have boys, and those teen years were some great years we had together.  Then of course, life gets in the way, and they had to leave the nest.  Been better than 20 years now, but those memories are still there, and it's good.

• Like 2

953 nut

Happy Birthday Jada, we have enjoyed watching you become such a beautiful young lady.

Happy Birthday Jada Image Wishes✓ - YouTubeHappyBirthdaycake.jpg.d903bd8deeb32c4a014498934b331b4a.jpg

• Like 2

JoeM

I am not much on birthdays but for the young it a milestone. My teenager turned 40 this year and is still complicated!

After my first was born, the wife and myself decided it was best for the kids if the wife stayed home and I worked. I really believe that helped. Sure there were times we didn't have, but the quality of life was so much better. 

Jada... I would wish you luck but you already have all the luck you need, having your parents.

Best wishes Kid!

• Like 2

rmaynard

Enjoy her now Kevin. As soon as she discovers boys, thats when they start to slip away. We called 13 the beginning of the "dark" period. However, my 13 is now 42 and has developed into a loving wife and mother. So there is hope.

Happy Birthday Jada. :occasion-cake: I hope you have a great day. 

SALTYWRIGHT

MY YOUNGEST ONE IS 60 THIS YEAR. THEY GROW UP TOO QUICK. 

• Heart 1

lynnmor

You should have that moat built around your castle by now, see rmaynard's post above.

Handy Don

IMHO you've already done the most important part--staying involved and available and showing her (and the others!) by your own actions how to make decisions based on one's values. And how to act out of love. They absorb and learn far more from what you do than from what you say. My children have been an indescribable blessing throughout their lives and I bet you can say the same. The future will be fine.

ohiofarmer

Mine's half my age. She will never catch up, but hopefully we will both be around long enough that she will get still closer in fractions of my age . Mom made it long enough that i was over two thirds her age when we lost her.

Anyway, you can have some fun with her about saying you are four times or three times her age , but it will only be X years down the road that yo will be so many times as old as her.  Kids get a kick out of that.   Remember that there are TEN RULES for dating my daughter..