slim67

Pasquali

slim67

Anyone ever see one of these? Looks like an Italian version of a Steiner/Ventrac. This is like one I saw on FB marketplace except the one on FB had a loader. Looks like you could drop it off a cliff and it would still run.

IMG_1677.JPG

• Like 8

peter lena

SLIM , yes I have seen those , very basic, yet incredibly rugged,  most important thing about those is DRIVER TRAINING , its always amazed me to watch someone beat the hell out of a gear reduction unit , because they do not know how to apply it . take advantage of its ability to do just about anything with total ease . not that its the same , but like a mini , MERCEDES UNIMOG , THANKS FOR THE FLASH BACK , PETE

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

DennisThornton

Aware of them.  They made 2 wheel walk behinds too.  I think they're popular in the hilly Italian vineyards but I'm pretty sure it would be a hit in my backyard.

• Like 3

slim67
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

SLIM , yes I have seen those , very basic, yet incredibly rugged,  most important thing about those is DRIVER TRAINING , its always amazed me to watch someone beat the hell out of a gear reduction unit , because they do not know how to apply it . take advantage of its ability to do just about anything with total ease . not that its the same , but like a mini , MERCEDES UNIMOG , THANKS FOR THE FLASH BACK , PETE

Unimogs are probably one of the greatest if not THE greatest 4x4s of all time. I remember seeing them with Case construction colors and badging too. I'm glad you enjoyed the post.:handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

I've heard the name and I've had the impression somehow that they were known for being rugged, of good quality. But I really can't remember why I know that...

Sure is a strong looking beast and one I wouldn't be opposed to trying out. 

• Like 2

johnnymag3

I had the luxury to drive a Uni Mog… It was amazing....

Neighbor still has it, lives down the road about 5 mins. away...

BEAST.....only word to describe it, the gear reduction cannot be understood until you get it and drive it..  In Low 1, Low Transfer, and Low in the split rear.....it would walk up a tree if it had too. Speed was .18 MPH in that setting.     not 18 MPH...…    .18  !!! 

The Cab is so user friendly once you figure it out.    Amazing vehicle       German Engineering===Always over built to the extreme

Edited by johnnymag3
  • Like 4

Achto

I have a friend that has one of these with a loader on it. Really stout little tractor. He is having engine issues & has been having a hard time finding parts for the Lombardini diesel.

peter lena

this guy from Poland is a very experienced MOG DRIVER , NOTE HIS GO TO CENTER WINCH OPERATOIN , NOT THAT HE HAS ENOUGH DRAG WEIGHT ON IT ,  no screaming engine , just gearing operation experience ,  pete 

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

slim67
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I've heard the name and I've had the impression somehow that they were known for being rugged, of good quality. But I really can't remember why I know that...

Sure is a strong looking beast and one I wouldn't be opposed to trying out. 

You got to finish colossus first!  Then try it out as much as you want.:ychain:

19 minutes ago, Achto said:

I have a friend that has one of these with a loader on it. Really stout little tractor. He is having engine issues & has been having a hard time finding parts for the Lombardini diesel.

I was wondering if it had a Lombardini. I see those on marketplace occasionally but have seen people use those and Listers for projects. Sadly parts available for that are likely to just get rarer and rarer.

• Like 1

slim67
3 minutes ago, peter lena said:

this guy from Poland is a very experienced MOG DRIVER , NOTE HIS GO TO CENTER WINCH OPERATOIN , NOT THAT HE HAS ENOUGH DRAG WEIGHT ON IT ,  no screaming engine , just gearing operation experience ,  pete 

It looked effortless walking thru that mud

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, slim67 said:

You got to finish colossus first!  Then try it out as much as you want

Nahhh... Minor delay. 

I'd still finish up the Big boy tractor. 

• Like 1

DennisThornton
31 minutes ago, peter lena said:

Wow!  Crazy performance in the MUD!  No one around here would do that even with their huge skidder!  Not saying they couldn't but no one would want the mud/grit covered logs!  Hard to believe this job could not wait for frozen ground..

But I'm glad they didn't wait and that someone videoed this.  Nice machine!

• Like 2

19richie66

I like those tractors. Unimogs are very impressive machines.

AMC RULES

This one is for sale here locally.Screenshot_20201205-074403_Facebook.jpg.542d91ce86e43639a3286b5f1f97e3e8.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-074355_Facebook.jpg.49a54266ce0cb8bab00e4c7440632922.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-074348_Facebook.jpg.d7027a25ae43f9b5db99c519bfd24037.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-074342_Facebook.jpg.ddcac790ab5a38c0c426dfe4786326db.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-074330_Facebook.jpg.3397c43a95b906c033e803841b322810.jpg

Price dropped to $7500.

• Like 1

19richie66

Nice example....way out of my measly budget. I just need to figure out a way to 4x4 a Hesston.