JCM

Trail Maint/ tine raking/ Tree clean up

AMC RULES

Should've had a fall trail maintenance M&G up there.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Should've had a fall trail maintenance M&G up there.

Absolutely agreed. 

We'd love to help out!

• Like 1

JCM

Continued on the Trail work today and campsite # 1  ( Eric &  Trina's )  reserved campsite for VIP's. Opened up behind where the 2 tents were set up at the M & G this year. Used both manpower and horsepower today. Sometimes with the large slash piles it's just as easy to grab and walk to the area set aside for brush than it is to try to fit those into a 17 CF dump cart. Trying to get as much of this done before opening day of firearm season on Deer starts the end of this month so as not to have to dodge .30 caliber bullets.   :ROTF:

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JCM said:

Continued on the Trail work today and campsite # 1  ( Eric &  Trina's )  reserved campsite for VIP's

:ROTF:

We're honored to have that designation Jim!

Looks great there!!

• Heart 1

Retired Wrencher
23 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Great time for trail making and maintenance!

Enjoy Eric. I am just switching over from summer to winter tractor. Getting the two snow blowers out and running. One to blow from plowing then blowing it into side lot. The other making trails for the dogs If snow is deep. May be early winter this year or not. Enjoy your trail making. Have fun.

• Thanks 1

JCM

With great weather so far this fall I decided to add one more trail across from the two that were done Saturday. This trail cuts the existing one in half on the house side of the brook. 

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

• Like 5

ebinmaine

Nice work Sir!

• Like 1

JCM

Today's project was a follow up to the October 11 post on the newest trails added. The one pictured last is the completion of trails on the house side of the brook.

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Be handy if you had a 417A to trial those trails...

JCM

Always wanted one and searched for years, just never found one. settled for a 420 I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, JCM said:

Always wanted one and searched for years, just never found one.

🤔

Sparky

Nice work Jim! Looking forward to rolling around on those trails in 11 months :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Sparky said:

Nice work Jim! Looking forward to rolling around on those trails in 11 months :handgestures-thumbupright:

Excellent how you're already starting the countdown. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JCM

First Winter trail work, plowing out to the Cabin. Sure is enjoyable on the 417-8. Was slightly concerned about getting back over the brook with it's grade, it did start to spin slightly but grabbed and made it up at low throttle, last picture. This tractor seems to be the perfect combination of weight, power and manual transmission to get the job done.

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

• Excellent 8

c-series don

@JCM How’s that electric lift with the plow? I’m sure that 8 speed and electric lift would be an excellent rototilling tractor. 

• Like 2

JCM

This is the first WH that I have owned that has the electric lift. The more I use it the better I like it. Just before to stop to reverse as your piling the snow just start to lift it and by the time you push the clutch in and reverse direction the plow is fully raised. All about timing just like the Fisher plows on pickups . Same basic principle. :thumbs: I do have a 36'' tiller but have never used it .

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, JCM said:

I do have a 36'' tiller but have never used it

A tiller might give me a good reason to make an electric lift on an 8 speed C160. 

• Like 1

JCM

Well after all these years owning the C-120 and never using it besides towing a dump cart I decided to mount the Tine rake on it today and clean up the road frontage, lawn and start on the trail system to keep up with it so it is ready for the Meet & Greet in September. Picked up some items out front from most likely thrown out from traffic. Seems Bud light is popular as is the good old Pabst blue ribbon, nothing but the best for the Mainers. Had to laugh when I started to read the label on what I thought was carb cleaner in the white plastic container. I hope it worked for them, I was just concerned after picking up all that crap I may find or step in what came out the other end. Almost forgot, also found a black plastic cover that said Mercedes on it, nothing like quality :ROTF:   Brought out the 312-8 with cart to bring in the misc items picked up out front. All in all another great day on a WheelHorse tractor that never skipped a beat all day.

IMG_0920_(1).JPG

IMG_0922_(1).JPG

IMG_0924_(1).JPG

IMG_0934_(1).JPG

IMG_0929_(1).JPG

IMG_0930 (1).JPG

IMG_0926 (1).JPG

IMG_0925 (1).JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Haha 1

JCM

After a storm like this past weekend naturally the trails will be needing some help. The end of this week looks like possibly rain and then a flash freeze, great, just what we need. Cabin still standing, brook flowing well.

IMG_1246.JPG

IMG_1247.JPG

IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_1249.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

c-series don

@JCMLooks beautiful Jim, someday I hope to make it up there! 

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Beautiful scenery Jim!!

• Like 1

JCM

Well its been 4 months since updating this thread and after this past Winter I can say this one topped them all in the 15 years we've been here as far a branches and trees down. Came across this large Hemlock along side the Brook this morning. Took some pictures and then did an about face to get back on the trail whence I came. Will handle that Hemlock another time.

WH418AB.JPG

WH418AE.JPG

WH418AC.JPG

WH418AG.JPG

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

:chores-chopwood:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JCM

That Hemlock is some very hard stuff @SylvanLakeWH . It will be used to feed the large outdoor fire pit.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, JCM said:

That Hemlock is some very hard stuff @SylvanLakeWH . It will be used to feed the large outdoor fire pit.

Hey man you wants a BBT and a Bear to brings you down some saws and labor she's happy to help!!! 

• Haha 2