Slightly Discombobulated

68 Electro no spark

953 nut

Who told you what and when it was said is secondary, the important thing is that we were able to solve the problem as a team.   :handgestures-thumbupleft:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Slightly Discombobulated
15 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

The special shout out should belong to 953 nut.:bow-blue: All i did was agree with him...I am very happy that your tractor is running:greetings-clappingyellow:

Thanks 953 nut!

• Thanks 1

squonk

Fix those wires or it will fail again! 

• Like 1

Slightly Discombobulated
3 minutes ago, squonk said:

Fix those wires or it will fail again! 

I'm rewiring the entire tractor. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BrianKoch
      By BrianKoch
      Gentlemen,

I am in need of help. While doing yard work with my K301 powered ‘68 Charger 12 it suddenly came to a stop and won’t start again. 

My troubleshooting so far: 

Fuel:
      • stabil/87 and clean
      • good flow before and after pump
      • carb clean, recently rebuilt, float level correctly set 

Compression:
      •good? - blows finger off spark plug hole
      •good turnover but doesn’t fire off
      •piston and cylinders move freely
      •valve lash set .008 intake .018 exhaust
      •breather assembly correct and recently serviced with new gaskets and filter
      •head gasket not broken, head bolts tight, some carbon on head

Spark:
      •no spark
      •all electrical/ignition components were replaced 1 year ago except voltage regulator
      •no loose connections, no grounding connections
      •inspected and applied graphite to starter shaft
      •changed plug
      •12v to coil good
      •cleaned points, points wire has continuity
      •condenser ground good
      •swapped battery, points and wire, plug and wire, coil, and condenser from running K301 (‘69 Charger 12)
      •points push rod does push out when turning engine over by hand, but unable to get points timed using multimeter method and timing mark on flywheel

What else should I check/do?

• BrianKoch
      By BrianKoch
      Looking for a good and flat cover plate for the k301 crankcase. My current one is warped causing oil to leak out.

• Rick3478
      By Rick3478
      For Sale NOS M12S Short Block, still in the original box.  I bought it pre-emptively when Kohler was phasing out the Magnums.  Thought I would have it on hand if one of mine needed it, or maybe I would find a tractor with a busted rod for cheap.  Neither of those things happened, the darn things just keep running.

Part number 77 522 35, probably built in late '05, it's the combination replacement kit Kohler made to fit WheelHorse or Gravely, machined to bolt directly into the Gravely transaxle, but also has spacers to mount WheelHorse PTO clutch/brake.  Also has a bunch of gaskets and seals packed with it, probably all you need to install it.

And it's heavy, so it's not practical for me to ship.  Buyer arrange to pick up near Elida OH, I can lift it about knee high to help load.

Asking $800 or might consider trade for a good center mount grader blade.

• mcfarmall
      By mcfarmall
      Tractor features Kohler 16hp cast iron engine, gently used 42" deck, concrete wheel weights, tire chains, new Chinesium carburetor, fuel lines and filter, new air filter, 2 new fwd/rev cams.  A starter,  some new gaskets, and miscellaneous parts.  New drive belt and all the belt idler assemblies.  Engine runs but smokes.  Great restoration candidate or a spare engine for you pullers out there.  Call, text or email for a private showing.   No offers considered unless made in person.  Buyer responsible for transportation.  Many more pictures to send to interested persons. 

• Jeff-C175