troutbum70

Not a what is it

troutbum70

Anyone know what it's specific purpose was?

IMG_20201117_144248941.jpg

IMG_20201117_144256378.jpg

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

pipe drill

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

pipe drill

Agreed

SylvanLakeWH
41 minutes ago, troutbum63 said:

IMG_20201117_144256378.jpg

Cool old tool!

Just wondering if the old phone on the wall still works? My 93 year old Dad still has a beige one just like it in his basement - still works like a charm... as he has said in the past - “no battery charger needed”...

• Like 1

formariz
1 hour ago, troutbum63 said:

I don't know about that specific one but a lot of those drills function was to drill "drippers" for irrigation pipes. Is there a name anywhere on it?

troutbum70

First question yes the phone on the wall still works, it is the same phone that we use in our house. And that's what we are thinking it was made to hold pipe for drilling, and can't find a name or patent number, no marks of any kind.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

formariz
50 minutes ago, troutbum63 said:

. And that's what we are thinking it was made to hold pipe for drilling, and can't find a name or patent number, no marks of any kind.

Your is most likely from he Skinner Irrigation Company. They have several patents on such drills.

The Skinner Irrigation Co Hand Drilling Device – MVFlaim Furnituremaker

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

gwest_ca

peter lena

back in the day there was an old , BELT DRIVEN MACHINE SHOP , in my area , near the submarine base in groton ct . albert wells was a , mechanical genius ,and a practical , common sense man . his shop ran on submarine diesel batteries and was a mechanical wonderland of the past. he even still had original , EDISON LARGE GLOBE LIGHT BULBS STILL WORKING IN THE SHOP !  he would regularly tinker on steam engines just to stay involved . there was literally no problem that he did not have the fix for . original model t , new old stock parts upstairs , worked on Stanley steamers. I  was lucky and  priviledged to have spent time there , even had a silver dollar mounted flush in the floor , just to watch people try to pick it up , good stuff, pete

• Heart 2

troutbum70

Thank you for every ones input, this drill is not mine. A friend of mine found this in another friends fathers barn, other than every ones assumption its purpose was for drilling pipe. No one that looked at it had any clue of its maker or its use in our area. 

• Like 1