IMG_1992.JPG.ff53e5c5ec166037a53faa107764194a.JPG

IMG_1993.JPG.d5107ce208c2ac7fcb8f6b16a03cb729.JPG

597549143_plowchains004.JPG.d1a7e37af2ddcb505933d9607916c6a5.JPG

Complete with the hose for the bug fogger! :occasion-xmas:

IMG_1733.JPG.9cbff47945d080887bda5a0d73529a6f.JPG

• Excellent 6

D_Mac
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Get some front roller chains and 2 links on the rear.... Add some more weight. You'd be even more happy with that excellent little tractor. 

Psssst EB dont tell it that it is a little tractor... it thinks its a big one ! I thought about the roller chain for the front tires. It does snowplow a bit when turning sometimes but I didnt want to chew up my driveway. I really dont use it to clean the driveway because I have curbing that runs down both sides of it. To difficult to push the snow over the curbing, so I will use the snow blower. More fun using the 857 though !! You can see in the photos the curbing on the driveway.

• Like 1

D_Mac
34 minutes ago, squonk said:

Complete with the hose for the bug fogger! :occasion-xmas:

I wont ask about a bug fogger, but I do like the black wheels. Maybe I will do some painting this spring.

Handy Don
On 11/17/2020 at 3:45 PM, squonk said:

Yes Eric. Do as Dan says. All the solenoid does is connect the biggie wire from the battery to the biggie wire to the genny. The little tiny wire comes from the key switch. Solenoid is grounded. Turn the key to start and the little  wire sends little electrons to the little solenoid terminal. The solenoid contacts close and the biggie wires are now connected sending big honkin electrons to the genny. :helmet: Genny goes whoompa whoompa whoompa..... :banana-linedance:

Wondering if you've ever caught sight of those "big honking electrons?" :) They are elusive and secretive.

• Like 1

squonk
4 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Wondering if you've ever caught sight of those "big honking electrons?" :) They are elusive and secretive.

Many times. Just drop your wrench when installing a battery! :helmet:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

The idea is to keep them INSIDE the wires. 

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
Just now, squonk said:

Many times. Just drop your wrench when installing a battery! :helmet:

Oh oh oh oh oh. Ouch. 

:scared-shocked::scared-shocked::scared-shocked:

• Haha 1

squonk

Another funny Napa story. I built his battery display in the show room. I doing an order on the computer and kept seeing flashes out of the corner of my eye. The same guy with the Datsun was trying to blow a 20 amp fuse for the heck of it. He was using a set of pliers to connect both posts of a battery together along with a fuse. Burn't his pliers up! :banana-jumprope:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, squonk said:

Another funny Napa story. I built his battery display in the show room. I doing an order on the computer and kept seeing flashes out of the corner of my eye. The same guy with the Datsun was trying to blow a 20 amp fuse for the heck of it. He was using a set of pliers to connect both posts of a battery together along with a fuse. Burn't his pliers up! :banana-jumprope:

All I got to say is

34 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Oh oh oh oh oh. Ouch. 

:scared-shocked::scared-shocked::scared-shocked:

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse
8 hours ago, squonk said:

IMG_1992.JPG.ff53e5c5ec166037a53faa107764194a.JPG

IMG_1993.JPG.d5107ce208c2ac7fcb8f6b16a03cb729.JPG

Love the seat and the blacked out rims 

Retired Wrencher
Posted (edited)
On 11/17/2020 at 3:45 PM, squonk said:

Yes Eric. Do as Dan says. All the solenoid does is connect the biggie wire from the battery to the biggie wire to the genny. The little tiny wire comes from the key switch. Solenoid is grounded. Turn the key to start and the little  wire sends little electrons to the little solenoid terminal. The solenoid contacts close and the biggie wires are now connected sending big honkin electrons to the genny. :helmet: Genny goes whoompa whoompa whoompa..... :banana-linedance:

1258670782_bb006(1).JPG.2bcb87301065cb2280fbfef85bbd7c09.JPG

Mike the most interesting way I ever heard of wire diagram. Even a cave man can understand.

Edited by Retired Wrencher
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2