T-Mo

Happy Veteran's Day

Tractorhead

Words can in my opinion not describe, what you have done for our all Freedom.

Let me say just Thank you for your Service and enjoy your Veteran‘s Day.

Also in honor to all they lost their Life in Service.

• Like 2
  • Heart 5

ebinmaine

Thank you to all that have served and their friends and families. 

• Like 3
  • Heart 3

nylyon

Thank you veterans!  

We will always honor you on RedSquare.  If you haven't done so previously, you may add your military insignia by clicking your name on the main page, then Profile and Edit Profile.  About midway down the page you will find "Military Member" where you can select your branch of service.  If your branch is not listed, please let us know in talk to the moderators and I will be sure to get you added.

Thank you for keeping the world safe, we owe you all!

• Like 1
  • Heart 4

WHX??

Your :text-welcomewave:

IC1(SS) USNR Retired

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart 1

JC 1965

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a veteran.     :USA:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Heart 4

953 nut

1963 to 1969 US Navy ET-2  Following boot camp my first duty station was the Brooklyn Navy Yard where I was a mess-cook.

From there I went aboard the USS Muliphan (AKA-61) followed by transfer to Great Lakes Naval Training Center where I studied electronics and became an ET (electronics technician).

After ET school I served on the USS Pandemus (ARL-18) which was a repair ship for minesweepers. When the Pandemus was being removed from service I was transferred to the Charleston Naval Station ET Shop for the remaining few months of my enlistment. USS Pandemus     

Name: USS Pandemus
Namesake: Pandemus, a goddess in Egyptian mythology and Greek mythology
Builder: Chicago Bridge and Iron Company, Seneca, Illinois
Laid down: 20 July 1944
Launched: 10 October 1944
Sponsored by: Mrs. Laura Sauter Gasperik
Commissioned: 23 February 1945
Decommissioned: 23 September 1946
Recommissioned: 14 December 1951
Decommissioned: 30 September 1968

Fate: Sunk as a target, 1969

Several years later the USS Muliphan would come back into my life. In 1989 I was living in Fort Pierce, FL and the Muliphan was brought there to be sunk as an artificial reef. A reporter friend got advance word of this and asked if I had ever heard of this ship. Hell Yes!  She wrote a brief article about the plan to sink the ship and it turned out that there were four of us living in the area who had served on the "Mighty Mule" at various times. When the day came to sink the ship the four of us were able to take her to sea for the final voyage. Small world isn't it.

600px-USSMuliphen.jpg

Muliphen was decommissioned on 28 August 1970, and transferred to the Maritime Administration for lay up in the National Defense Reserve Fleet. The ship was struck from the Naval Vessel Register on 1 January 1977,[1] and on 21 January 1989 was sunk as an artificial reef in a depth of 175 ft (53 m) of water off Fort Pierce, Florida[2] at 27°24.331′N 80°00.337′W

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 3
  • Heart 3

stevasaurus

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY!!!   In remembrance to all those who have served this great nation.  :flags-waveusa:

CTT2   USN  1970-1974

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart 1

kwalshy

I am the proud grandson of 2 - WW2 vets, one Army (European front) & one Navy (Pacific theatre). 

And I am very honored & proud to be the son of a Vietnam vet, Capt Lewis Walsh, US Army, Air Cav 1/12th, Company C. 

Dad was in ROTC and his tour was from 70-72; he entered as a butter bar Lt and was honorably discharged as a Capt.  He operated for the most part without a platoon Sgt & spent time at FSB Timbuktu and Gibraltar under Col. Tyson, and lead some maneuvers into Cambodia.  The majority of his the time was in the bush and said he could count the limited number of times he remembers being on a FSB.  He was a part of Operation Thundering Hooves in Oct '71 and with his platoon, captured a few NVA prisoners and unfortunately had some men wounded. Since he lead without a platoon Sgt for so long, he had a great report and reputation with his squads.  Dad was highly decorated and has been blessed to keep the scars of war from negatively impacting him and his family.  Here are a few pics of my Dad, Lt. Lew Walsh  ( he feels more like a Lt than a Capt!)

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

• Like 4
  • Heart 2

WHNJ701

Thank you all who has served!  My grandfather was ww2 us navy.  Working on these 2, preserving american airpower in 1/48 scale.

PXL_20201111_181437900.jpg

PXL_20201111_181128836.jpg

PXL_20201111_180951890.jpg

• Like 4
  • Heart 2

John Csukor

Blessed and Happy Veterans' day to all as well.  
Happy belated to my Marine Brothers here as well.  Semper Fidelis
USMC 85-89

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

Lee1977

Happy Veterans Day

Served in Vietnam 1967-1968 USS Jamestown AGTR-3, CT PO3 

• Heart 1

rmaynard

Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow veterans. I served in the U.S. Coast Guard from 1968 to 1972.

This is one of the earliest pictures of a young 18 year old me at Guantanamo Bay aboard the USCGC Chincoteague

1729584540_1969-CoastGuard-Destinations-Gitmo-0011.jpg.6f1d476a890321f5ee0eb29c2a3c5777.jpg

Last good picture I could find of the Chincoteague before she was abandoned in Vietnam in 1972

Chin375.jpg.ffc057efda511b59c01d90876b7d0d35.jpg

formariz

Missed wishing you all a Happy Veterans Day yesterday but one does not need a special day to do so. Everyday is a good day to wish you all a Happy Day and thank you for your service and example . May you all have a blessed life and serve as an example to the younger generations now and the ones still to come.