TJ5208

Ole red

Sparky

Looking good! 
  Personally I like almond or linen beige for rim color. This is my Commando 8 with almond paint on the rims. 
242C07CE-9AFF-429B-86BA-C007F56EBD98.jpeg

• Like 6

953 nut

:WRS:

Great to see a member f the younger generation taking an interest in the :wh: hobby.  Looks like a 1971 800 Special, can you find a model number? We can fix you up with some manuals and answer many of your questions.

:text-coolphotos:

• Like 2

Pullstart

@Tj salyers are there issues with the body parts?  I / someone here might have what you need.  Feel free to PM me with needs.  If I have body stuff you need, we just need to figure out how to get it to you :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

scWHhauler

Good looking tractor love that 8 horse briggs

slim67
On 11/3/2020 at 4:11 PM, Tj salyers said:

First day of body work on ole red looking good  the grease and grime took some work my dad helped me with his power washer since I'm 13 years old I have problems with some parts on it the body and the engine is going to be red and rims white with red in the center

20201103_155618.jpg

20201103_155612.jpg

I notice the Hustler in the garage. You and Dad have good taste in tractors and mowers.

Zeek

Nice specimen :violence-fencing:

TJ5208

Thanks everyone 

• Thanks 1

TJ5208

Body work yes looking good I'll have to replace a valve stem it broke off.                 Tj

20201107_111104.jpg

Edited by Tj salyers
  • Like 6

8ntruck

Look'in good.  Thinking about getting new decals? 

• Excellent 1

TJ5208
On 11/7/2020 at 6:22 PM, 8ntruck said:

Look'in good.  Thinking about getting new yes

TJ5208

Thinking about decals and more paint the wagon is probably going to be red  I pulled up a really steep hill with wagon in 2nd low throttle pulling 180 pounds pretty good

20201108_083022.jpg

• Like 7

953 nut
7 hours ago, Tj salyers said:

decals

@Vinylguy can fix you  up with anything you need.    https://www.redoyourhorse.com/

Retired Wrencher
On 11/3/2020 at 6:49 PM, Sparky said:

Looking good! 
  Personally I like almond or linen beige for rim color. This is my Commando 8 with almond paint on the rims. 

Mike that is still one of the cleanest Commando's I have seen. I give it an 8.9 out of 10 :handgestures-thumbupright: Just saying.

• Like 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Really like that seat/spring setup Sparky! :handgestures-thumbupright:

TJ5208

Would tractor treads help traction andwould look good on my 800 special spacer.png and a receiver hitch on my wheel horse here's some pics of my hitch and is it a good tractor I say it is and does anyone else have a 800 special  all pics welcome and also pics of exhaust of stack pipes for 800 special  I probably will have to help with a draw bar 2 holes in the hitch would probably be neededspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

20201114_112124.jpg

Edited by Tj salyers

Sparky

Ag type tires are great for traction in most anything except snow/ice. Of course the cool look of Ag’s is a given :handgestures-thumbupright: ! 
 Always helps to add weight to gain traction no matter what tire tread your running 

Retired Wrencher
On 11/3/2020 at 6:49 PM, Sparky said:

Looking good! 

Mike still a looker. But the seat is on there now gives it a better look. Just my :twocents-02cents:.

Sparky
1 hour ago, Retired Wrencher said:

Mike still a looker. But the seat is on there now gives it a better look. Just my :twocents-02cents:.

Hard to imagine it looks better than that two piece seat. 

Retired Wrencher
Just now, Sparky said:

Hard to imagine it looks better than that two piece seat. 

You know me Mike if it is not original I do not like it. But thanks for the post.