Oldskool

Project "Snow Drift"

ebinmaine

Like that "6 Volt"...

• Like 1

DennisThornton

image.jpeg.6503224b6ad42dea29077111b234aaf9.jpegimage.jpeg.6503224b6ad42dea29077111b234aaf9.jpegMV Air Cleaner Service - Military Trader/Vehicles

• Like 5

DennisThornton

Camo chains!  See thru chains?  Glass chains?  Invisible chains?

Other than that...

WOW!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Oldskool
15 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Camo chains!  See thru chains?  Glass chains?  Invisible chains?

Other than that...

WOW!

I still have to preload the rear bearing sets before the chains. But getting really really close now.

• Like 3

lynnmor

If you have the type of Briggs that blows head gaskets, re-torgue the head bolts after a few warmups.   They blow because or the wide spacing of head bolts where the valve train and cylinder bore are close.

Name:  IMG_20140704_201523_768.jpg Views: 7842 Size:  27.3 KB

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool
5 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

If you have the type of Briggs that blows head gaskets, re-torgue the head bolts after a few warmups.   They blow because or the wide spacing of head bolts where the valve train and cylinder bore are close.

Name:  IMG_20140704_201523_768.jpg Views: 7842 Size:  27.3 KB

I do, and that is where it failed. A poor design.

• Like 2

Oldskool

Looking like a foot of snow for Monday night into Tuesday. It could be some sticky stuff. A good test track for the Y.E.T.I. ?

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

wallfish
24 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Looking like a foot of snow for Monday night into Tuesday. It could be some sticky stuff. A good test track for the Y.E.T.I. ?

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you going to be ready?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool
2 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you going to be ready?

I'm going to shoot for Thursday now. Its going go be low 30s and sunny then. I have to get my generator going and my plow truck to be ready for this one. I've kinda been slacking on that dept. The most snow we have had all winter here  was about 4in.

wallfish
1 minute ago, Oldskool said:

I'm going to shoot for Thursday now. Its going go be low 30s and sunny then. I have to get my generator going and my plow truck to be ready for this one. I've kinda been slacking on that dept. The most snow we have had all winter here  was about 4in.

That other stuff isn't important! Stop screwing around so you can screw around:ychain:.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Oldskool
Just now, wallfish said:

That other stuff isn't important! Stop screwing around so you can screw around:ychain:.

Really , I will be ready for Thursday. I'll pull a couple of all nighters if I have to lol

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

wallfish

Really , I will be ready for Thursday. I'll pull a couple of all nighters if I have to lol

Just bust'n some balls. Looking forward to whenever you get'er going.

(and some new art work on the chalkboard in the background)

• Haha 2

Oldskool

When you just cant reach where that hood hinge bushing is supposed to go.

20210131_092137.jpg

• Like 2

Oldskool
Just now, wallfish said:

Just bust'n some balls. Looking forward to whenever you get'er going.

(and some new art work on the chalkboard in the background)

LOL ya it's about time I erased that turkey from the board

Oldskool

Looky GT tracks.  Single digits, minus digits with the windchill for the last few days. The poor thing has been outside under a tarp. BUT it's the only worker that started and ran. Stepped up to the plate and moved everything I needed moved before the snow storm. Including one of the 4 wheelers that wouldnt start. Wahoo more garage time.

20210131_120241.jpg

• Like 5

wallfish
1 hour ago, Oldskool said:

Wahoo more garage time.

Very envious of this! I haven't had any fun garage time for waaaaaay too long. 4 years or maybe more.

Oldskool
17 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Very envious of this! I haven't had any fun garage time for waaaaaay too long. 4 years or maybe more.

Holy cow. Well get out there lol

wallfish
1 hour ago, Oldskool said:

Holy cow. Well get out there lol

Working 7 days a week doesn't leave much time. Sunday is partial screw off day getting parts and materials for the week but extra available time is spent on maintenance stuff. Like fooling around AGAIN with that dam 520 hydro linkage. It changes it's mind by the temperature outside. Worked perfectly fine when I went through it all in the fall but now that it's 2 degrees, Surprise! And then a front tire decides to slow leak this week too. Without a belt release, it will harder start in the freezing temps because it's constantly turning the trans pump. Give me a gear jammer any day! LoL

• Like 2

Oldskool
33 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Working 7 days a week doesn't leave much time. Sunday is partial screw off day getting parts and materials for the week but extra available time is spent on maintenance stuff. Like fooling around AGAIN with that dam 520 hydro linkage. It changes it's mind by the temperature outside. Worked perfectly fine when I went through it all in the fall but now that it's 2 degrees, Surprise! And then a front tire decides to slow leak this week too. Without a belt release, it will harder start in the freezing temps because it's constantly turning the trans pump. Give me a gear jammer any day! LoL

Ya that does make it a bit tough.  Someday there will be fun garage time

Oldskool

I know custom stuff has its hitches, but why a throttle cable? Something as simple as that. It was working fine on the first test run. Now its binding up. I have run and rerun this cable. There doesnt seem to be a sweet spot. It's a new cable, and the linkage on the engine moves freely. No matter how soft of a swoop I put in it, it binds up. I would love to move on but its driving me batty.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

wallfish
2 hours ago, Oldskool said:

Someday there will be fun garage time

I'm working on it. LoL

17 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I would love to move on but its driving me batty

Sometimes if the Z bend is twisting the wire it can bind more easily. Re-make the Z ?

A small kink in the wire inside the conduit can cause quite a bit of friction.

Something not lined up at the lever end maybe?

If all else fails maybe a lever to transition between the cable and the carb ?

Just throwing stuff against the wall again

Oldskool
10 minutes ago, wallfish said:

I'm working on it. LoL

Sometimes if the Z bend is twisting the wire it can bind more easily. Re-make the Z ?

A small kink in the wire inside the conduit can cause quite a bit of friction.

Something not lined up at the lever end maybe?

If all else fails maybe a lever to transition between the cable and the carb ?

Just throwing stuff against the wall again

I did remake the z.

It may have a kink, but when its unhooked it moves as slick as snot.

It's fairly straight on. I've seen worse.

Right now I am trying to figure out a linkage, but a have clearance and exposure issues.

Keep throwing lol

wallfish

Keep throwing

Rusty wire causing more friction inside the conduit when it's bent?

Governor spring too stiff of a tension?

We tied a string for the throttle on a go kart when we were kids! It was direct to the carb because we didn't understand there was a governor or how that worked. Only thing we knew was pulling on that string made it go faster than if you didn't. Woooo Hoooo  One thing for sure though, that setup was dependable!

Same as jamming a quarter in a centrifugal clutch. We didn't understand how that worked either but doing it made that mini bike go faster. Harder to stop the thing but stopping good was never really the goal. LoL

• Haha 1

Oldskool
Just now, wallfish said:

Rusty wire causing more friction inside the conduit when it's bent?

Governor spring too stiff of a tension?

We tied a string for the throttle on a go kart when we were kids! It was direct to the carb because we didn't understand there was a governor or how that worked. Only thing we knew was pulling on that string made it go faster than if you didn't. Woooo Hoooo  One thing for sure though, that setup was dependable!

Same as jamming a quarter in a centrifugal clutch. We didn't understand how that worked either but doing it made that mini bike go faster. Harder to stop the thing but stopping good was never really the goal. LoL

Its brand new so I dont think rust is an issue. The governor linkage moves smooth and no extra friction.

Never heard of the quarter in a clutch before.

• Like 1