Oldskool

Project "Snow Drift"

Oldskool
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Just for the record I'm somewhat partially English too. 

Family tree goes back to 1200 something or other blah blah blah

My mother is into the genealogy pretty deep. She has made it back to the year 935 and still at it

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

My mother is into the genealogy pretty deep. She has made it back to the year 935 and still at it

One of the things that I think is really neat about my lineage is that when it gets back that far there are two or three kings that are in our bloodline.

Back before the infamous Henry VIII was in power.

I think it was the Edwards that were in power in the 1200s. 

So what does that get me?

Well let's just say that statistically speaking there's at least 200 million other people in the world that have that same ancestry. 

:occasion-snowman:

• Haha 2

Handy Don
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Family tree goes back to 1200 something or other blah blah blah

Technically you go all the way back, right, just like the rest of us? Just nobody kept track except for the royalty. :lol:

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
50 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Well let's just say that statistically speaking there's at least 200 million other people in the world that have that same ancestry. 

Wow, that king got around!

• Haha 3

Stormin
4 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Wow, that king got around!

Aye! He had a bike. :ph34r:

• Haha 3

Oldskool
22 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Aye! He had a bike. :ph34r:

The laughy face wasnt enough. So....BAHAHAHAHA

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Oldskool

So I'm not sure I'm digging the hue. Both pieces in the pic are the same color with different lighting

20210120_162707.jpg

• Like 2

Stormin

Be best to see them outside in natural light. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool
43 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Be best to see them outside in natural light. :handgestures-thumbup:

So true. I guess I will have to stop for the night. Dang

• Like 1

Oldskool

Never really used this tool dip. It seems to be doing ok. It's looking like it will have to be 4 dips to have a decent thickness to it though.

20210120_175334.jpg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Never really used this tool dip. It seems to be doing ok. It's looking like it will have to be 4 dips to have a decent thickness to it though.

20210120_175334.jpg

That's not a huge surprise. 

I've only seen that stuff after someone else has coated a handle and I remember now thinking it was tad thin but straight and even. 

Just keep dippin'. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Technically you go all the way back, right, just like the rest of us? Just nobody kept track except for the royalty. :lol:

Quite right Sir. 

Louis L'Amour once wrote something like

History has always been kept by the party that won the war. 

It's the REST of the history of really like to read. 

• Like 1

wallfish
54 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Once it starts to solidify you can flip it so the drip goes down the handle away from the top. That way you don't end up with a dimple at the top from the drip. The stuff can easily be cut and removed wherever you want at the bottom so don't worry about any dripping down the handle or dipping too far. If you want to add a ridge to the bottom edge so it's not just a flat cut off edge when you're done, use a small rubber band after a few dips to make a ridge and dip once or twice more. Cut off right below the rubber band. Too many dips after placing the band will make it feather and not leave it as defined of and edge.

Not the end of the world if you don't like how it turns out as the whole thing will basically peel right off. It's kinda like liquid shrink tube, it just dries and shrinks but doesn't stick like crazy.

Smells the same as that liquid electrical tape stuff and can be used like shrink tube too.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Oldskool

@wallfish the last couple of dips I did start flipping it right side up to control the tip. That's a neat trick with the rubber band I will definitely remember that. Thanks.

wallfish

You can also roll up the edge of a layer dipped a little further than the first few, then one more dip to seal that up and hold it. That makes a nice ridge too but takes a little practice to get it right. 

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Quite right Sir. 

Louis L'Amour once wrote something like

History has always been kept by the party that won the war. 

It's the REST of the history of really like to read. 

I think my author guy Michael Perry has mentioned him plenty, along with you.  Two solid influences that I should read that dude’s stuff.

• Like 1

Lee1977
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

One of the things that I think is really neat about my lineage is that when it gets back that far there are two or three kings that are in our bloodline.

Back before the infamous Henry VIII was in power.

I think it was the Edwards that were in power in the 1200s. 

So what does that get me?

Those Kings kept it in the family. That explains why Eric is the way he is.. :ychain:

• Haha 6
  • Heart 1

Oldskool

A little progress in the paint dept. It's going slow but moving along. I'm not really sure what this nonsense is about having to go to the grocery store or post office or......Doesnt she know I'm doing something really important 🤣🤣🤣🤣

20210121_152703.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
5 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

A little progress in the paint dept. It's going slow but moving along. I'm not really sure what this nonsense is about having to go to the grocery store or post office or......Doesnt she know I'm doing something really important 🤣🤣🤣🤣

20210121_152703.jpg

I like the color!  Looks like there’s plenty of horsepowers in the background too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DennisThornton
21 hours ago, Oldskool said:

20210120_175334.jpg

It does take several dips.  I've had some luck with the stuff though.

• Excellent 2

Oldskool
13 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I like the color!  Looks like there’s plenty of horsepowers in the background too!

Thanks. I like the color much more today then yesterday. Ya there are a few power plants kicking around here. 8 or 12 or so in this bay lol

• Like 2

Oldskool
14 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

It does take several dips.  I've had some luck with the stuff though.

I put 4 dips on the handles. Now that they are dry I kinda like it. I also used some to fix a torn dampener boot. I put a couple wraps of electrical tape on it. Then brushed some tool dip over it. I like the results for that as well.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Oldskool said:

.....Doesnt she know I'm doing something really important 🤣🤣🤣🤣

20210121_152703.jpg

Does she know you're using her best quilt as a drop cloth?

• Haha 3

Oldskool
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Does she know you're using her best quilt as a drop cloth?

Shhh. I got it from the neighbors 🤣🤣🤣🤣  Actually its mine out of the dog house lol

• Haha 4

Oldskool

A bit more progress. I think it's a good place to stop for the evening.20210121_170648.jpg.1c44d41dffe82b8a39792b619727747d.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1