Pullstart

One of a kind Wheel Horse Ride Away Senior

71_Bronco

Congrats on the score! Looks like everybody is smiling over that one. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Any thoughts on a name yet??? :dance:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cschannuth

That is so awesome.  Congratulations!  The decal on the side looks sort of like the rear decal on my C-161.95D33AE9-F8FB-4BF5-99D0-064F602CDE5F.thumb.jpeg.3a7322d80301ccf271fb77f71a6af9f2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto

That's awesome Kevin!! Been waiting for this thread to pop up. Mrs. P looks very happy. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, 71_Bronco said:

Congrats on the score! Looks like everybody is smiling over that one. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Any thoughts on a name yet??? :dance:

We will get it running and see what she wants to name it... It’s hers to name if she so chooses :handgestures-thumbupright:

33 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

That is so awesome.  Congratulations!  The decal on the side looks sort of like the rear decal on my C-161.95D33AE9-F8FB-4BF5-99D0-064F602CDE5F.thumb.jpeg.3a7322d80301ccf271fb77f71a6af9f2.jpeg

That sure does look the same!  How about a measurement or two on that decal?  I thought maybe a hood decal, but the C series I have around here were too small to be exact.  I think you’re right!

13 minutes ago, Achto said:

That's awesome Kevin!! Been waiting for this thread to pop up. Mrs. P looks very happy. :handgestures-thumbupright:

It was so hard to be in the presence of so many enthusiasts and not share a bit of the news!  Thanks everyone for keeping the secret!

• Excellent 3

Racinbob

What a great find. It sounds like you were in my neck of the weeds Kevin. Per chance was the dealer just north of South Bend Chandlers? :)

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

What a great find. It sounds like you were in my neck of the weeds Kevin. Per chance was the dealer just north of South Bend Chandlers? :)

We picked it up in a town just north of Ft Wayne from a very serious Wheel Horse and classic car collector.  He couldn’t recall the name of the dealer who restored it.  I’d like to pull the hood some day, maybe I’d be able to find a dealer sticker!

• Like 2

Herder

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!  :happy-jumpeveryone:  I like it. 

• Thanks 1

bds1984

Nice find.  What are you going to do with the C195?

• Thanks 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:

We get you set up with a decent hauler I could see that senior attending plow day! Portage show fer sure! 

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, bds1984 said:

That was part of the haul, but not mine from the beginning.  Matt snagged that one!

• Like 1

oldiron613

That's awesome, Kevin! I know you were really looking for a Senior and really glad to see that you found one - and a nice one at that! 

The early tractors are awesome. When you think about the history there - on one hand, what that and similar tractors represented during that post WW2 era and the excitement of a booming economy with tons of "victory gardens" - a really special time in American history. Then on the other hand, recognizing that these tractors were made by hand; each one of these that Elmer/Cecil had their hands on gives me warm and fuzzies just thinking about. So much equipment evolution evolved from the Pond Lever Steer and then the RS83 Ride-Away Senior.  Really special. 

Congrats again!! 

Edited by oldiron613
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Achto

So it's been 5hrs since you started this post. Is it running yet?? Got spark?? Gas, Oil??

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 6

PeacemakerJack

So awesome to see this dream become a reality for Mrs. P and the Pullstart Gang!  It is awesome how you guys share this hobby and make it an “excuse” to bond even more as a family unit.  That is such a special and unique tractor with a great backstory.  Looking forward to seeing it in action and getting some seat time somewhere in the not too distant future😉

Well done.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

19richie66

Nice one Kevin! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:bow-blue:

Well Done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cschannuth
5 hours ago, pullstart said:

We will get it running and see what she wants to name it... It’s hers to name if she so chooses :handgestures-thumbupright:

That sure does look the same!  How about a measurement or two on that decal?  I thought maybe a hood decal, but the C series I have around here were too small to be exact.  I think you’re right!

It was so hard to be in the presence of so many enthusiasts and not share a bit of the news!  Thanks everyone for keeping the secret!

The sticker on the back of my 161 is 12 inches wide by 2 inches tall. And you’re right, the sticker on the side is actually larger than that so they would not have been able to cut it down to that size.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dclarke

Glad you got one, Kevin!  👍  Those are so hard to find. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, Achto said:

So it's been 5hrs since you started this post. Is it running yet?? Got spark?? Gas, Oil??

OIL OIL OIL

Were you in the shop the other day when Ryan got that tractor running and the LAST thing he did was check the oil?!?!? Just barely read on the dip stick!! This was even after Dan was man handling the throttle! 

Dan and I says they don't leave the trailer till their running! :ychain:

• Haha 3

ACman

Well done Kevin... :woohoo:  !!!

• Thanks 1

Stormin

I 'd love to find something like that over here. Lovely looking machine. :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bow_Extreme
6 hours ago, bds1984 said:

not for sale...lol.  It’s an 84’

• Haha 4

953 nut

Just bring the entire load to my house.       :auto-swerve:        My two bucket list tractors are a Senior and a super "C".

F28D39BD-45BA-4836-B1CF-AB0A80654F09.jpeg

Edited by 953 nut
  • Haha 5