DennisThornton

Other tractors for sale

DennisThornton

I not sure where to post this so I'd be happy to have a moderator move it or I could add it somewhere else if directed where.

I was surprised to see so many garden tractors including many new to me.  I just love garden tractors and had to share.

https://bid.aumannauctions.com/auctions/catalog/id/24819/

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 3

ebinmaine

Some really cool stuff there!!!!

953 nut

That is a great collection for sale. Talk about diversity, a little bit of everything there. Too bad it is so far away.    :sad:      Villa Grove, IL is a bit too far for me.

WHNJ701

Wow, another great collection broken up.  Some neat pieces hopefully the prices improve!  Lot of 25 dollar bids!  I booked marked it, curious to see where some of them end up.  

• Like 1

slim67

I had a Simplicity trailer like in lot #43. Like those JD wheels in lot #67!

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I would love for someone that knows about the unusual garden tractors to comment.  There's 7 1/2 brands of garden tractors that are new to me and several models of brands I do know that are new to me.  Entire brands that I know nothing about!  Guess that's one thing that makes this hobby so interesting (and humbling! Chuckle!)

Please share what you know about the unusuals!

WHNJ701
1 hour ago, DennisThornton said:

I would love for someone that knows about the unusual garden tractors to comment.  There's 7 1/2 brands of garden tractors that are new to me and several models of brands I do know that are new to me.  Entire brands that I know nothing about!  Guess that's one thing that makes this hobby so interesting (and humbling! Chuckle!)

Please share what you know about the unusuals!

Some I have info on which ones were you interested in?

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, jabelman said:

Yes. 

:lol:

• Excellent 1

Achto
19 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

would probably be interested in the 1966 McLean to go with his.

I do have my eye on that one.:) There are also a few others that intrigue me.

Lane Ranger

My brother David and I went to the Villa Grove, Illinois show three of four times.   My sister Cindy lives in Hindsboro about ten miles south of Villa Gove.

Larry Hall always organized the garden tractor portion of the Villa Grove zag Days where they closed down the Main Street in town and also had a very big antique and classic car show .

Larry also collected various dump carts of different kinds and bought a Wheel Horse dump cart from me. 

Larry's tractors are good quality tractors in his collection.  

This was one of the shows from Augusat 2016  and my dad rode my brothers 1958 RJ with the front Tombstone weight all around town!

Looks like there are 39  different model 1966 Garden Tractors/Mowers for sale!

040.JPG

039.JPG

038.JPG

041.JPG

030.JPG

026.JPG

028.JPG

027.JPG

043.JPG

042.JPG

I also have some pictures from the 2018 Show:

022.JPG

031.JPG

032.JPG

028.JPG

027.JPG

029.JPG

039.JPG

037.JPG

072.JPG

073.JPG

063.JPG

066.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart 1

WHNJ701
17 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

My brother David and I went to the Villa Grove, Illinois show three of four times.   My sister Cindy lives in Hindsboro about ten miles south of Villa Gove.

Larry Hall always organized the garden tractor portion of the Villa Grove zag Days where they closed down the Main Street in town and also had a very big antique and classic car show .

Larry also collected various dump carts of different kinds and bought a Wheel Horse dump cart from me. 

Larrys tractors are good quality tractors in his collection.  

So.... Your sister is 10 miles away,  we can bid on a few and she can pick them up for us!  Now just to get them to nj

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DennisThornton
11 hours ago, jabelman said:

I have interests that I'll not live long enough to follow so I try to focus on garden tractors and looking further I see many of these curiosities are not "garden tractors" as I define would have a 5 bolt rear wheels, a cast front axle and be capable of attaching more than a mowing deck.  I couldn't check all of those from the pictures and while I enjoyed looking at all of them I kept going back to:

RANCHERO 112 GARDEN TRACTOR
1966 LAWNMASTER MOTOMOWER

and especially the

1966 GEORGE "WORK BIRD"

• Like 1

Pullstart

So many cool pieces there!  

• Like 2

DennisThornton

1966 GEORGE "WORK BIRD"

A most unusual and interesting tractor!

https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=gardent&th=43651

Although this is an old ad I thought I'd respond. The WorkBird was made by the George Tools Division of Community Industries in Sullivan ,Il. They were in business from 1946- 1966 then bought by Montgomery Wards then Yardman then MTD and then the plant was closed by MTD. The management/employees/and others went on to form Agri-Fab within 6 mo. of the plant closure.The WorkBird was way ahead of it's time and would have been a great product for the late 90s thru today.With it's basically zero turn capability, up front cut and add on accessories it would survive today but at that time nobody was ready for such a machine.Parts are virtually impossible to get except as with most all machines the engine parts.

• Like 1

71_Bronco

Some very cool things there. Very diverse in brand and type.

Unfortunately, IL is a bit far for me, being from CT.