Sign in to follow this  
norman

Reply from Jack (rideawaysenior)

norman

Reply from Jack (rideawaysenior) Please keep him in our prayers

I have Hodgekins and was receiving a treatment last week that didn't go very well and caused my hospitalization.

My illness is receiving the treatment well however my reactions to treatments is unpredictable.

Jack

MaineDad

Oh my - I had no idea he was sick. My thoughts and prayers to he and his family.

Rideawaysenior

Hey all,

Norman kindly placed this post here with altruistic intentions and I appreciate it very much. Over the past few months, I've been experiencing some difficulty with yet another battle with the big C. It was not that long ago when I was told that I was in full remission from colon cancer. I'm riddles with many of the scars from the number of proceedures it took to bring me out of the woods. Well, again it's here as Hodgkins. I declined to bring attention to it because even stage four has a very high survivability rate. I'm not at stage four yet though. I've been living an as normal life as possible working, playing, being a husband and a father. This has made me slow down alot as some of my reactions to treatments are not quite as good as I would hope for but to my benefit, they are working.

I do plan to attend this years show in PA but I think I'll mostly concern myself with just getting me there and TT's block that I promised him. :omg: Many other members here have had personal challenges that they have posted and experienced an outpouring of support, friendship and positive outcome. I figured what the heck, if it works for them, it's got to work for me. So if you all wouldn't mind, would you keep me and my family in the back thoughts? They need it more then I do because I am a stubborn PITA.

JimD

Jack, needless to say, you will be in my thoughts, my friend. It's definitely time to heed the doctors, and allow the treatments to work. Slow down a little, and rest up. To make the point that you mean a lot to me, you should notice that i used caps! I think it's the first time. Unfamiliar territory for sure. :omg:

All my best...

Fan

HorseFixer

Jack you take care my friend! You will be in me and MJ's thought and prayers :omg: Look fwd to seeing you at the show! Cheers Dukester

Sparky

Wow, what a shocker Jack. I had no idea. You seem to have the right attitude to beat it tho and of course you and your family will be in my thoughts.

Mike.........

CHARGER9AUTO

Wow, what a shocker Jack. I had no idea. You seem to have the right attitude to beat it tho and of course you and your family will be in my thoughts.

Mike.........

Jack, I'm sorry to hear your sick . I keep you in my thoughts and prayers .

Ben....

T-Mo

Jack,

What an amazing attitude. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Duff

Jack, buddy, I had no idea, and am sorry to learn of this illness....but I know you're a fighter and a darned good man - you'll beat this thing!

Sandy and I have you in our prayers for sure!

Warmly,

Duff :omg:

Operator

Jack , keep that positive attitude ! That does help.

Randy

jusjeepn

Jack, You've been in our prayers for several weeks now and will continue to be! I'm glad you took my advice and let everyone in on your sitch! You'll get more support and prayers from these guys than you could ever dream of! Take it one day at a time, live life to the fullest and keep everything right with "The Man". Your in our prayers!

Suburban 550

Jack, you are in our prayers. Hope everything works out well for you. Keep the positive attitude. :omg:

KyBlue

Jack - you are in my prayers as well, and as the others have said, you def. Have the attitude to kick C's butt!

perry

prayers sent for you and your family.....perry

bustedglass

Jack, last year I too was in the fight of my lifetime. Twice, the doctors told my family that I probably woud not make it. But, with the thoughts and prayers of a lot of people, including from the good people here at Red Square, I am feeling good, and I am HERE ...

So, never give up the fight, because we won't let you. Good thoughts to you and yours, your Red Square Brother - Mike