huck finn

606 reviews

953 nut
10 hours ago, huck finn said:

I have spark replaced the carb and am driving around the yard,

:WRS:

Glad to see you were able to get it going, ni e looking :wh: and you did very well on the purchase.

Back in the '70s i was a member of the volunteer fire company in Kirkville, NY and it seemed like Verona would always beat us in Push-Ball at the field days. 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
17 hours ago, huck finn said:

well I have spark replaced the carb and am driving around the yard, next step will be to flush and change the transmission fluid, I tried to find info on it but could only locate the capacity at 1 1/2 qts,  should I flush with diesel which I read in a 2014 conversation and what is good fluid to use in these older machines? I'm no mechanic so I was pretty excited about getting my wheel horse up and driving now I need to do a tranny service and grease job and then I can start looking at the appearance end, so any and all the info you can give me about the tranny service and maybe what might be a good fluid/ oil would be correct? thank you for your time and knowledge.......

Huck I have used kerosene to flush out tranny`s Jack up rear let it run about mid throttle for a while like 10 minutes you will see a lot crap come out.  Like Eric said jack up front to let out all fluids. I have had frozen tyranny's = wheel will not turn after did this like new well almost.

• Like 2