bc.gold

Iinternational Harvestor 966

bc.gold

This afternoon a neighbour in town offered me an IH 966 for helping him to do some work on his Case 630, the hydraulics are weak. In the meantime I've made a telephone call to our local Case dealer and Larry the service manager has offered us the loan of the service manual.

The IH 966 has 95 PTO horse power and one rear tire is rotten and flat, just has to drive a mile before it gets permanently hooked up to my hammer mill to make copper chops.

Edited by bcgold
  • Excellent 2

Achto

I've spent a quite a bit of time in the seat of a 966 & a 1066. The 66 series IH were arguably the best series tractors that IH ever made. 

• Heart 1

Goldnboy

I too grew up driving  the big  red tractors its part of why I now drive the smaller ones.

It also reminds  me of how similar the IH fast hitch is to the WH slot hitch.

• Like 2

bc.gold

The service manuals do not specifically cover the 630 but I'm guessing these models have enough similarity's.

p1.jpg

p2.png

bc.gold
On 10/7/2020 at 1:19 PM, bcgold said:

The service manuals do not specifically cover the 630 but I'm guessing these models have enough similarity's.

p1.jpg

p2.png

Now that I have a source for service manuals, stepped out on a limb and purchased this awesome scanner, two pages at a time the OCR software by AABBY.

The cool thing with OCR scanned pages, hand written notes and grease smudges are eliminated from the scam leaving you with a file half the size had the page been scanned and saved as an image.

Books and documents scanned with OCR are fully searchable PDF files, depending on the reader pages of interest maybe bookmarked.

Also there's a local dealer that sold and serviced Simplicity, if i ask kindly they may let me have access to the old manuals. In the meantime I'm be working on older Case tractor manuals.

Our Canadian winters are long and cold, I needed a project to keep my sanity.

scanner.png

WHNJ701

I think alot of the case manuals are free to download

bc.gold
18 minutes ago, jabelman said:

I think alot of the case manuals are free to download

Most of them are saved as image scans, you can not search the document for key words or phrases. I've used AABBY Finereader in the past to convert those types of PDF files into searchable material.

I currently have a lot of older books and manuals that smell of mildew, water stained, some with mouse piss or chewed corners or may even have paper mites.

After they've been scanned they no longer stink or show water or grease stains, old paper deteriorates over time and becomes delicate to handle, besides it much to late I've already made the purchase.

I put the old books into a large plastic garbage bag then fumigate.

Paper mites

Mites are a variety of arachnid, distantly related to spiders. These tiny parasitic bugs can infest areas where papers, old books, dust and mildew accumulate. Piles of old newspapers are a haven for mites. Old storage boxes filled with paper files also provide a home for these tiny pests.

Edited by bcgold

WHNJ701

It looks like a cool scanner, all our records and mapping is scanned into database at work that you can cross search different ways makes life easier and of course the storage is alot easier

• Like 1

bc.gold

Sent an email to support, asking if the software license was tied to the computer it was installed onto, the good news is.

The Czur scanner software licences is bound with the scanner's device ID, you can install the software on multi computers, but it will only work with one scanner.

bc.gold

Less than an hour to scan both the above shop manuals, next up are Case 970 / 1070 and Case 410, 420, 420CT skid steer.

bc.gold

found some old books,

spacer.png

20201102-205201.jpg

20201102-205242.jpg