Old825

Older 8-25 need axle

Old825

I have an old 8-25 wheelhorse model number 56132 and I need an axle part #55-7762, which is discontinued.  Any help on where to find a used or aftermarket one of these would be much appreciated.  I don't even know where to start looking.  Thanks!  Brian

Edited by Old825

ebinmaine

Try A to Z tractor in Pennsylvania

• Like 1

Old825
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Try A to Z tractor in Pennsylvania

Thanks.  Nothing listed on the site with part number.  Do you or anyone know how the pinion gear is mounded on the end of the axle?  It looks like the axle may have two flat spots on the end that the gear keys on to and then the end of the shaft is spread or crimped or something to keep it on?  It is definitely not welded, I can move it a little.  I feel like I could cut the shaft at the gear and it would slide off.  I'm wondering if I could get a piece of steel rod, grind the flat spots on the end so that the gear slides on and then braze or weld it on there?  Would rather just find the part, but it seems like nobody has it.  Hate to give up on my 30 year old mower for such a simple part.  Any other sites you know of that have used parts?  Thanks again.

gwest_ca

Is the part listed on this list?

The 55-7762 part number shows up in these tractor parts lists

Garry

Old825
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

Is the part listed on this list?

The 55-7762 part number shows up in these tractor parts lists

Garry

Not on the top list, mine is a 56132 8-25.  Part I'm looking for is the LH rear axle when looking at it from the front, RH when looking from rear (can't tell which way parts diagram is oriented?).  It's about 12" long and has a pinion gear (pressed??) onto one end that meets the gears in the differential.  Differential is in square shaped casing.  I'd take the whole differential assembly including both axles or just the 55-7762 or 55-7763 once I figure out how to read the diagram.