Owen1983

Trying to get the deck off of a 1972 gt 14

Owen1983

Does anyone have a link or anything for removing the deck on a gt 14? I live in iowa and want to put the snow blower on to prep for winter but I don't want to screw anything up or make it any harder on myself.

20200301_130039.jpg

gwest_ca

Mower deck operator manual should help. Click on the fuzzy picture for more

The snowthrower came in 2 packages

Garry

Owen1983

Finally got the deck off. Had to take off more than I was hoping due to the original owner using #9 wire in place of the original r clips and cotter pins. Is this the correct frame for the blower? The gave various springs and pulleys with mounts with it

20201007_192615.jpg

Owen1983

160211703981645964368436253681.jpg

Owen1983

I am not familiar in any way with the what I call newer wheel horse. This is my first hydro, i don't care for it due to liking and being accustomed to manual transmissions. I do however love the hydraulic lift 

Burnerman
16 minutes ago, Owen1983 said:

Finally got the deck off. Had to take off more than I was hoping due to the original owner using #9 wire in place of the original r clips and cotter pins. Is this the correct frame for the blower? The gave various springs and pulleys with mounts with it

20201007_192615.jpg

That is the frame for the dozer blade. Not a snowblower. 

• Like 1

Owen1983

Is there a frame required for the snowblower or does it just use the attachments that are already on it? I will get pictures of the snow blower to night after work

gwest_ca

Back in the day the snowthrower came in 2 packages. May not be the exact model number but we can figure it out after you get into it.

Here are two for a dozer blade

If you come across any ID tags post the numbers and we will make corrections to the manuals if necessary.

Garry

Owen1983

20201008_173018.jpg

Owen1983

20201008_173032.jpg

Owen1983

This is the blower that came with it

gwest_ca

Here is the correct manual for the snowthrower

Garry

Owen1983

Well, it seems I am missing the front tach o matic hitch. Anyone have a part number for one that will fit? My GT 14 is a 72 by the tag on the steering column

20201009_173956.jpg

peter lena

owen83, that blower is a 36x42" single stage blower , width with the " front side wings " added. another thing is to PAY ATTENTION TO THE AUGER DRIVE CHAIN LUBRICATION AND ADJUSTMENT. VITAL FOR EASY USE. also lube the the swivel chute lower area and the swivel spring tension to those 2 pto drive belt pulleys. you also need the " heavy lift rod " to mount on your lift  down bracket . keep us informed as you get more stuff , ask away , the answers are here  , pete