Rp.wh

702 no spark

Rp.wh

Alright I am not completely not with it when it come to wiring but I have replace voltage regulator, points, adjusted points, coil and condenser the on off switch was a toggle switch I hard wired it for the moment it was kinky looking and just to by pass it and I still have no spark should I just start from scratch and rewire the whole thing or any ideas would be helpful

WHNJ701

Follow the wiring diagram!!

Check the flywheel key

Check the flywheel magnet

Check your ground

Ngk spark plug

Good coil wire

Check your points, are they opening/gap, even if new file them

Edited by jabelman
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

I'd answer that in two parts. 

1. Anytime you think you need to rewire a whole tractor, you probably should. 

But!!

2. You REALLY should figure out the actual problem first  Then, as stated above follow the original schematic to rewire. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

stevasaurus

Ryan...Eric's right...one thing at a time, otherwise you will have no idea what fixed it.  There is not a lot of wires in a 702...touch both ends with a point meter...un-hook the battery.  Check each wire at both ends...if you do not have a short, you have a high resistance open (a broken wire.).  Fastest way to check wires for continuity.  :eusa-think:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

Slow down and start addressing one component at a time.

Is the wire from the ignition points in good condition and connected to the "-" side of your ignition coil along with the condenser? Is the coil wire to the spark plug in good condition?

With the ignition points cover off rotate the flywheel in a clockwise direction until you see the points open, now slowly continue rotating until the points are open as far as they will go. The opening should measure 0.020".

Rotate the flywheel until the points are closed. Remove the present wire from the ignition switch to coil and connect a small jumper wire from the battery "+" to the "+" on the coil. Open and close the points and see if you get a spark. If there is no spark remove the wire to the condenser and try again. Remove the jumper wire when finished.

Let us know what you come up with.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1