Sam Pasch

New simplicity 3415 sovereign

Sam Pasch

I bought this sovereign off one of my buddies the other day. It was in rough shape but I'm gonna get it running right to mow my lawn. Oh and a possible restoration this winter? We will see. It sat in his yard for about 8 months with no front wheels. On top of that he claims it sat in the 1st owner's yard for 10 years. It runs but not well. I ordered a new carburetor for it. Hopefuly that sorts out the pops and bangs. But it has the electric lift which I am very excited about! (It had a huge mouse nest with 4 mice in it.)

received_754078428758815.jpeg

received_602994413912677.jpeg

received_614746942576639.jpeg

0904202053.jpg

0831201830a.jpg

0831201830.jpg

Edited by Sam Pasch
  • Like 9

Sam Pasch

Painted the wheels yesterday.

15994289574001758418016.jpg

• Like 9

ebinmaine

Good find. What does it have for engine and transmission?

Sam Pasch

Vickers hydrostatic and a 15 hp briggs. It is shaft drive to a T-box and then belt drive to the trans and impliments.

Edited by Sam Pasch
  • Like 2

Sam Pasch

As much as I love wheel horse, simplicity definitely has been my most loved brand. I have had so many of them. My very first tractor was a simplicity. I have had, lets see here... 6 simplicity and 2 simplicity built brands.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

We have Wheelhorse for reasons of practicality. We both like other brands as well. 

I've always been a IH Cub fan. 

• Like 1

horseyheaven

Agree, I have almost as many Simplicity/AC products as Wheel Horse.  Very good tractors.

• Like 2

wildman

Very nice rigs i have several myself

• Like 2

D_Mac

Nice score !! Love the headlights on it. Mine sat in a garage unused for decades. Rebuilt the carb, flushed and repaired the gas tank, new solenoid and it runs like a swiss watch.

20200812_173159.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Cool machine!  Looking at the lawn it came from, it was their dedicated mower too until the wheels fell off :ychain:

• Like 1

Sam Pasch
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

Cool machine!  Looking at the lawn it came from, it was their dedicated mower too until the wheels fell off :ychain:

My friend lives on a farm. It sat out in the back lot that doesn't get get mowed often.

• Thanks 1

Sam Pasch

I started on some painting today. Redid the wheels (didnt like how they turned out before) did some welding on the hood witch had some cracks by the hinges and painted that too. I think it came out ok. Next I have to get the right shade of orange for the dash, frame, and fender pan.

0907201620.jpg

0907201619.jpg

0907201504a.jpg

0907201504.jpg

• Like 4

Sam Pasch
19 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Nice score !! Love the headlights on it. Mine sat in a garage unused for decades. Rebuilt the carb, flushed and repaired the gas tank, new solenoid and it runs like a swiss watch.

20200812_173159.jpg

Nice! Is that a Broadmore?

ebinmaine

Hood looks good Sam

Sam Pasch
56 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Hood looks good Sam

Thanks

D_Mac
17 hours ago, Sam Pasch said:

Nice! Is that a Broadmore?

Yes sir 1969 Simplicity 727 Broadmoor

20200711_174507.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Sam Pasch

My friend I bought the sovereign from asked me to work on his techy powered raider 10. He wants me to fix a couple things and clean it up. A good way to make a little extra $$$.

Edited by Sam Pasch
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, Sam Pasch said:

My friend I bought the sovereign from asked me to work on his techy powered raider 10. He wants me to fix a couple things and clean it up. A good way to make a little extra $$$.

Niiiice. 

If you need any help post a thread and we'll get it fixed up. 

• Like 1

Sam Pasch
16 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Niiiice. 

If you need any help post a thread and we'll get it fixed up. 

Will do.

• Like 1

Sam Pasch

Got the rest painted today and I gotta say its not too bad. The chineseum carb I bought leaks worse than the original, so I broke down and bought the $70 dollar isavetractors carb. It better work for that price!:lol:

• Like 1

Sam Pasch

Almost forgot the pics!

0912201800c.jpg

0912201800b.jpg

0912201800a.jpg

0912201800.jpg

0912201330.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac

Came out really nice, did you do the deck ?

Sam Pasch
9 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

did you do the deck ?

Not yet but its next on the list. Somebody went crazy with the welder and patches, so I will have to take the grinder and grind them down. Then sand and paint.

• Like 1

ZXT

Sam, that looks great, especially for a 1 week turnaround! I'd love to add a Simplicity to my collection. 

Looks like you did an excellent job of masking around the decals on it. 

What was wrong with the original carb? Here a while back I took a bare Kohler carb and put all of the guts from one of the China carbs into it (throttle shaft, float, needle/seat, etc) and it ran great. I know you've already bought another new carb, but it might be worth trying to piece the two together and having a spare for the next one you buy!

Sam Pasch
8 minutes ago, ZXT said:

What was wrong with the original carb? Here a while back I took a bare Kohler carb and put all of the guts from one of the China carbs into it (throttle shaft, float, needle/seat, etc) and it ran great. I know you've already bought another new carb, but it might be worth trying to piece the two together and having a spare for the next one you buy!

The original carb leaked like a sieve. Apparently it's a notorious problem for the briggs flo-jet carbs. I tried rebuilding it with a rebuild kit and that didn't work. So I bought a 30 dollar Amazon one and it leaks worse.

• Like 1